Original RWS Pocket DECK?

greatdane

The new PCS as a pocket deck....

would work for me! Since it is part of a special set, I didn't know if US Games would consider it, but that would be my FIRST preference as a pocket deck. I DO get what you're saying re shrinking the "original", Le Fanu. One would lose something, but then with many pocket decks, there is some trade off. I am not suggesting I would like a pocket to the EXCLUSION of whatever original it came from, just as an option when I didn't have much room to carry a deck. While I don't have a big problem shuffling decks that are a little larger, pocket decks are easier for me (fairly long fingers but small hands).

So, Le Fanu, are you saying if you COULD get the Pamela in a pocket deck too, you would likely do that? :)

For most here, seems we would PREFER the new Pamela as a pocket deck. And as Le Fanu says, would be SHARPER (and I do love those backs!).

THANKS ALL and I hope more TarotFolk post as I plan on sending the link to Mr. Kaplan at US Games since it would ultimately be his decision.

GD

Glitterbird

A great big YES to a PCS pocket size deck. A PCS pocket would be the BOMB!

Laura Borealis

Sign me up! The PCS would make a great little pocket deck.

Plaid is an all-over design that doesn't have to be precisely aligned when printed/cut, which I'm sure is part of the reason it was chosen. Maybe they thought it would be a prettier alternative to the crackle backs on the early RWS decks, too? Though I myself rather like the looks of the crackle backs.

Looking at the various backs on RWS and close clones on Holly's RWS site... I have to say the plaid is better than those tiny white on red polka dots on the deLaurence decks. O_O Those hurt my eyes!

Considering the huge market for the RWS, U.S. Games really should consider releasing it with a nicer back (and not just for special editions like the Original and PCS). I'm sure they'd get a ton of sales from people who just want to replace their plaids.

greatdane

Well ATers....

I just sent this link to US GAMES, so for any one interested, please POST on the thread if you are interested in either the new Pamela deck in a pocket size or an "Original" or another RWS in pocket size that doesn't have the plaid backs!

Have a great week.

GD

Kid Shamrock

I'd like to see a pocket PCS too!! :D

GadgetGirl

Ohhhhh me too!! I'd love a pocket PCS! But I'd also get a pocket Original if it was available.

greatdane

Well, hopefully now US GAMES and Mr. Kaplan are watching this thread and maybe, one day, we will have a pocket Pamela! I LOVE the Pamela deck and would definitely prefer a pocket deck of that one. Maybe even though it's part of a set, because it would be a pocket deck and not the standard size, they would consider selling separately? (crossing fingers)

GD

minrice

i would like a different back as well, I'd get it! I have a pocket plaid. I don't particularly like plaid either unless its a red/green plaid for the holidays. But I too would be interested in a roses/lillies back.
I think a roses/lilies back is relevant to the RWS, PCS has the roses and lilies as a recurring theme throughout the deck.

GryffinSong said:
It drives me stark raving nuts when a back is just slapped on with nothing to do with the deck underneath it. In addition to the original RWS plaid, I have the same issue with the Morgan Greer stars.

Aw, come now I like the Morgan Greer stars! They aren't completely irrelevant in my opinion, they go with the stars on the Star card in the deck and I think they contribute to the retro funkiness of the deck. I like them!

The 78th Fool

I'd love a pocket 'original' or a pocket centennial. I so wish they would ditch that dreadful plaid and put the roses and lilies back on all editions of the RWS. After all, it's the genuine article - PCS's own back design for the deck; the only back design that genuinely reflects her artistic vision. Surely that must count for something. (Along with ditching those dreadful modern fonts and restoring PCS's own calligraphy, but that's another story....)

Chris. xx

Bernice

Count me in for a pocket deck.

Bee :)