RWS 7 Swords - there by clouds/trees/ or smoke?

Cara Jackson

Hiya pawdners - um, is the 'grey' (I put it in inverted commas, as colours are not so steadfast with this pack, eh?) fluffy cloud like thing above the far distant men gathered a low lying cloud, smoke - from their fireside or a trees foliage?

many thanks for your input and advices. x Cara

Richard

The clouds are grey in all three of my Rider-Waite decks as well as the Albano-Waite. I can't tell what is causing them.They appear to be closer than the mountains(?) visible between the man's legs.

KMilliron

Never mind my first post. I just now see that it is behind the mountain, meaning it must be a cloud.

Egypt

7 of swords

I have the De Marseilles deck and my card does not have a scenic picture on it. My 7 of swords is a sword going through a sort of weaved blue patch. It has 4 flowers around each side of the card, surrounding the sword.There is a band woven around the entire sword, that is connecting the bottom and top.
I sometimes have a hard time distinguishing my swords,but then i go to my back up and look at the numberals on the card lol. :D yay go numberals!

Abrac

It looks like smoke rising from a fire. I've attached a picture from the Pam A that shows a lot of detail. Notice the person on the left holding a long stick. He seems to be standing on the corner of a large square structure. The other figures appear to be kneeling or sitting with hands upraised. It could be a large campfire, but the size and permanent look of the structure make me think it might be an animal sacrifice.

7 of Swords

Abrac

Looking at it again, what I thought were upraised arms could just be lines in the smoke cloud. It's very hard to tell.

KMilliron

Abrac said:
Looking at it again, what I thought were upraised arms could just be lines in the smoke cloud. It's very hard to tell.
On that card it looks most definitely like smoke from a fire. Especially because the men are silhouetted, so there has to be a light source there somewhere.

Cara Jackson

Thanks for input guys

have JUST seen (with massive magnifying glass AND my specs on - doesnt one curse getting over 40?!?!) that there is a faint red and yellow glow coming off the fire, underneath the smoke. Yes, gotta agree with you too, that the arms are NOT raised, its the fires 'billowing' lines, seems to me the men are either linking hands OR passing each other foo. Many thanks for all your valued, as ever, input (and not a mention of Kaballah or the GDS - what a relief - tee-hee!) x

Cara Jackson

Abrac - couldnt open your picture link

. . .I had to join some 'site', so didnt, which is a shame, would have liked to have seen it - can you e-mail it to me instead? Can provide email address on request. thanks Cara

rwcarter

Abrac's attachment

I have uploaded Abrac's attachment to this message.

Attachments

• 58558077.jpg
    58558077.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 100