Fairy Lights Tarot - card pairs

MagsStardustBlack

I will try to join in with this... I love this deck... but have been so busy with study since I received it, I have hardly had a chance to look at it.... I am really glad you have revived the study! If you start any other threads please link them here so I can catch up.

Thanks!

w
Oh great, it would be lovely to have you on board. I have been busy with study too, only just found some time the past few weeks to really look at the deck. Ok we will link up so you know where we are and what's happening :)

thirdlibra

I will try to join in with this... I love this deck... but have been so busy with study since I received it, I have hardly had a chance to look at it.... I am really glad you have revived the study! If you start any other threads please link them here so I can catch up.

Thanks!

w
Oooh another bite! Glad to have you! I've been working with individual cards mostly so far, but I'll be hitting up the pairs too as they become relevant for me.

Unfortunately, I'm on mobile, so posting links is rather complex, so I may not regularly keep up on that in this thread - but Sulis is wonderful and does update the main study index thread with the new threads (as we make them, we PM her to let her know!) =)

MagsStardustBlack

Oooh another bite! Glad to have you! I've been working with individual cards mostly so far, but I'll be hitting up the pairs too as they become relevant for me.

Unfortunately, I'm on mobile, so posting links is rather complex, so I may not regularly keep up on that in this thread - but Sulis is wonderful and does update the main study index thread with the new threads (as we make them, we PM her to let her know!) =)

Yes i know the limitations of mobile too. I'm on my lap top sometimes but Sulis can keep us right :) Im going to pick a random pair if that is ok with you thirdlibra? Just one i like, Just to get started. :)

thirdlibra

Yes i know the limitations of mobile too. I'm on my lap top sometimes but Sulis can keep us right :) Im going to pick a random pair if that is ok with you thirdlibra? Just one i like, Just to get started. :)
Of course, go right ahead! I'm really just hitting up stuff randomly so far (ok ok not random, I'm handpicking my favourites lol), but I'd love to have other threads open to explore cards that I maybe wouldn't jump to on my own! I'll keep an eye out for your discussion threads =)

MagsStardustBlack

Of course, go right ahead! I'm really just hitting up stuff randomly so far (ok ok not random, I'm handpicking my favourites lol), but I'd love to have other threads open to explore cards that I maybe wouldn't jump to on my own! I'll keep an eye out for your discussion threads =)

I just noticed your thread :)

Bookwight

Count me in! I'm excited. I'm hoping this will motivate me to actually write about these pairs, as I've been wanting to.

About thread titles, though. Just wanted to clarify something… I take it we'll use the list of pairs that Hemera so kindly compiled for us in this thread, and name each new thread with the name of the first card she lists plus XXX (so people who don't want to know the pairs won't have to). Is that right? So, for example, we would start a thread with "Magician and XXX" but not "3 of Chalices and XXX," because she lists the Magician first in that pair. Have I got that right? Just checking, because I don't want to make everything all disorganised. (I'm a little OCD, can you tell?)

Otherwise, though, we can do the pairs in any order as the mood takes us, I hope. :)

thirdlibra

Count me in! I'm excited. I'm hoping this will motivate me to actually write about these pairs, as I've been wanting to.

About thread titles, though. Just wanted to clarify something… I take it we'll use the list of pairs that Hemera so kindly compiled for us in this thread, and name each new thread with the name of the first card she lists plus XXX (so people who don't want to know the pairs won't have to). Is that right? So, for example, we would start a thread with "Magician and XXX" but not "3 of Chalices and XXX," because she lists the Magician first in that pair. Have I got that right? Just checking, because I don't want to make everything all disorganised. (I'm a little OCD, can you tell?)

Otherwise, though, we can do the pairs in any order as the mood takes us, I hope. :)

Ohhh we are starting to get quite the little group going, this is exciting!

My inclination was to go by card "rank", but I caved and went by the list and it is probably best that we try to continue to do so, since it's already made that way.

I'm glad you're joining!

Bookwight

Thank you!

I just did a deck interview (finally) to sort of prepare for working with this deck. And it's so different from standard RWS imagery, I find I have to think harder to interpret the cards. In a good way! It really sparks my imagination and creativity. Really looking forward to writing about the pairs… but not tonight, lol. There aren't enough hours in the day! *sigh*

thirdlibra

I'm finding this study kinda difficult! Mostly because, when I truly connect with this deck, it's so ... Personal. Intimate. It's weird to post that kind of thing for me! I mean, I can just look at the cards and analyze, but that doesn't do any of it justice.

thirdlibra

also,would there be any interest in studying... Pairs that aren't official, as well? Like described in the LWB? I've been finding those so much more insightful than anything else.