Tarot of the III Millennium

PeterS

another look

When I looked at the bar codes I saw that there was an ISBN number. I tried and tried to make out the numbers so that I could look them up and see if there was a hit on a book. I think that more than any other deck I have this deck has confronted me with the questions about how I obtain the meanings But to no avail.

A couple of things I have been considering this week about these cards is what other think of the cards.

The classic deck image on each card tells me that each card can and does mean now what it has always meant. The cards are inconic images that everyone who studies tarot have a similar idea of what the meaning is.

The background of the pips tell me that they are also part of a greater story and relate to the other cards. Each card is in itself a snapshot of a greater story. Each day in our life is also a single image of the greater picture of our lives. I have to look and see what some cards say about other cards.

The stamp on them might be a symbol for who we each while working with a deck of cards personalize the meaning through our intuitive sense, our study and our reading about other's understanding of the cards. Tarot is one of those great sciences where opinions are not wrong simply different. In my study I find that the key importance for a working tarot system is that it is a consistent system. Whatever works for someone else is great but I know what works for me.

In my next post I think I am going to take a look at the disconnect I have between the major and the minor suits.

Peter

heron

Is III Millenium study thread still live?

Hi, I just got my copy of the III Millennium deck today - orderd on a whim from amazon.co.uk. I really want to get to know it, so I'll be chasing the Scarabeo book someone mentioned in a few minutes. Do all the bits of the black & white picture go together? - I have only managed so far to make up a few different unconnected pictures, but I'll be having another go when the table is clear.

Later I'll be reading all the postings to catch up...

anyone out there? Please reply if just to say Hi

- heron

PeterS

This is a tough deck to get a understand.

I have spend hours literally trying to get the pip background pictures worked out. I know that some of them do go together and some of the pictures overlap each other.

All the Pip cards do not fit into the same picture, I believe, but I could be wrong. The inclusion of the TdM picture on the card has interested me to consider using this deck as an unillustrated pips deck and then just seeing if the additional pictures added to the reading. But I haven't given this deck that much time.

I love the Trumps in this deck and will often use them for a Majors only reading. But the Minors have been and continue to be a bit of a hinderance to doing a full reading.

Peter

heron

putting those pix together

I had another go at the pips cards' jigsaw - on the floor - and made up a whole nine-card picture each for Swords, Wands and Cups, but so far I can't link six of the Coins pips at all (3, 9 & 10 join up, but not the others). The four Aces make a separate picture, landscape format. Have not got one complete picture so far with the coloured majors, either. All very challenging. But it grows on me, and I have no negative reaction to it at all, which is unusual - many decks have some VERY irritating shortcomings.

When I was putting the cards away, I noticed that the box shows "the" overall picture quite faintly as a background, so I'll be putting all the pip cards on the table today to see if I CAN join up the four suit pictures, using the box images to find the joining areas. With a magnifying glass.

Then I shall re-read the stupid LWB & try to relate the "brief meanings" and the other interpretations to what (little, but growing) I know of RWS, Thoth, Kabbalah etc to get a handle on the whole gestalt.

One day I'll try reading with it.

Do you have the Scarabeo book about III Millennium? I can't find it on amazon or the Scarabeo website, but I guess it maybe came out in 2000 & could be OOP.

Hey ho - onward & upward

- heron

PeterS

heron said:
Do you have the Scarabeo book about III Millennium? I can't find it on amazon or the Scarabeo website, but I guess it maybe came out in 2000 & could be OOP.

I don't think that there is a companion book for this deck. In my previous posts I quoted what the Lo Scarabeo book on their history. There is some information in there about the deck but it not a lot.

It seems that you made a bit more progress on the puzzle than I did, and I forgot that the Aces made a seperate puzzle.

Peter

heron

the picture develops...

Well, I've now used all the cups and all the wands to make up a single 18-card picture, as shown on the box (only on the box it's a mirror image). All 9 of the swords make up another picture, and three of the coins fit together to make a picture of the guard, the boy, the man tied up waiting to be burned, and the backs of the spectators. But I can't find a way to join up all the fairly static standing monks etc on the remaining coins, and I can't find a way to link up any of the three pictures together.

Sorry, I misunderstood the refefrence to the scarabeo book to mean that it was a history of this particular deck - silly me!

Meditation and reading time, I guess

- heron

Rosanne

Hi Heron- I tried and tried and the cards (minors) bought out lots of stories- some very particular to Tarot that I could relate to, store in my brain and bring out. When I tried to read for a question- the images unfortunately did not allow me to do a coherent reading. Made no sense, unless I tacked some other deck image realisation to the cards. Some of the Minors are excellent, whilst different- but not enough to make it my reading deck. I love the Majors and the skill the artist has- so it is has become a 22 deck for me.
I have laid out the minors and I think in a strange way those spaces, that are gaps between the whole scene can have a major set in there. It is kind of like looking at the scene through a camera lens that zooms in and out. The artist admits the images can never be complete- almost like a Tarot reading to me.
I think the deck very clever- but I would need a medieval person to read for lol.
They would bring the energies of the day to the understanding of the images.
I gave up and am disappointed with myself. Some cards I think are wonderful like the 10 Coins. The Courts are other-world-ish and I guess as persons we are even in this time. Personality does not change- though the times do. There is lots to enjoy in the deck and it can be used as a meditation tool for me.
~Rosanne

heron

Hello, Rosanne.
Thanks for the response. Just recently I've been having some success reading intuitively (with the Alchemical Tarot, Secret Tarot, Archeon & the Tarot of the Imagination) and "only" using the cookbook or memorized meanings to back up what I kind of 'see' in the card images. I haven't tried to use the IIIM deck yet - heck, it only came in the post on Tuesday, I think - but I'm optimistic that it'll work for me & some of my email querents.

mrpants

Heron, the link is bad now. Any idea how I can find what you were showing?