Victorian Romantic 8 of Wands

Little Baron

There has to be more to this card than speed.

I have drawn it as my daily.

And yes, things have been pretty quick. I got a letter for councelling, that I thought would take 9 months.

And with a busy day ahead, I can see that it might mean time sliding past, quicker than I might want it to. I see Hercules in a race against time, as he and the deer charge along together.

It may be rushing things and being warned to slow down and appreciate.

Any ideas? This card never used to come up for me, but it has come up twice this week, and three times in as many weeks.

LB

Jewel

I have had this card come up in several readings I have done for others. I have found this card to also be about competition. See how the hart looks at the man with a look of strain in trying to beat him in the race down the hill? The hart looks worried, but the man is really confident in his ability to beat the hart at this race, and is relishing it. There is also a lion between them, look on the anguish of its facial expression. It is still running but seems like it cannot quite keep up with the hart or the man.

In one of the readings I did, this card was illustrating the battle of wills between a father (hart) and son (man), with the mom (lion) struggling to keep up and end the battle of wills between the father and son, which have ultimately created a large rift in that family. The more animal side of human nature. "Keep up if you can old man, cause I am not stopping" was part of the message.

So in addition to speed, I also see competition, and winning at any cost as other potential meanings.

a_shikhs

Jewel, I really like your take about competition and winning at any cost. Quite interesting. :)

thorhammer

8 of Wands - Victorian Romantic Tarot

THIS is my favourite card in this deck. I find it hard (at this stage in my life) to see negative implications in this image. It says to me that Hercules (with whom I identify, right now) is shouting with joyful laughter, revelling in his strength and Gods-given abilities which have enabled him to finally catch up with the hart.

It tells me that I really do have it within me to achieve what I set out to do, and every time I see the card, whether in a reading or not, it reaffirms my singular belief in myself. It looks to me like the hart has become secondary to Hercules, like the mere fact of his catching up to it is the victory in itself, which means that everyone wins. The card also urges me to take the opportunity at hand, sieze the day and make damn sure I'm the winner.

I guess if I had to find a negative side to the card I would start to worry about what was downhill of the moment captured in the card. Are there obstacles in the way? Is there a cliff-edge? Am I going to knock someone else over in my headlong rush to the prize, without ever even noticing them? It's a caution to look around for a split second and take stock of your surroundings.

\m/ Kat