Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Draw 3 cards then draw a picture

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

allaboutsoul 
Draw 3 cards then draw a picture

I learned of a fun reading exercise in a tarot webinar recently, though I don't remember which tarot teacher made the suggestion.

Draw 3 cards, then draw a picture in which the imagery of the 3 cards is connected somehow.

I thought this could be a fun "game." I'm posting an example reading I did for myself, but I think someone can then ask a question or ask for a general reading, the next person can do the reading and post the pictures (one of the cards and one of the drawn picture) while asking their own question, etc. !

In my reading for myself, I drew 8 of Wands, 4 of Pentacles and 7 of Swords with the Connolly Tarot.

Here they are: http://i.imgur.com/ywPjwl3.jpg?1

and here is the picture I drew: http://i.imgur.com/IWZs4zx.jpg?1

My thoughts:
In the combined picture, the figure from 8 of Wands watches figures from the other cards through a window.

The person from 4 of Pentacles hangs in the air, grasping a sword connected to the cloud on which sits the pipe player from 7 of Swords. Neither figure seems to notice the one watching from the window, and the pipe player seems not to notice or care about the sword-grasping figure.

The figure at the window seems to me to be watching passively. I have talked with my husband recently about me needing to work for the things I want instead of being passive. The sword-grasping figure, literally "grasping for something" is trying to work towards something, yet he does so without being connected to the ground so it is unlikely he will succeed. The pentacles attached to his feet seem to be a hindrance, weighing him down. I have practical concerns weighing me down while I grasp for other things/other dreams.

The pipe player is carefree on top of the cloud. Being carefree could be a nice goal, but not while being blind to the troubles of others, as the pipe player seems to be.
Top   #1

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.