How often do you ask a YES/NO question ?

Schehrazada

Yes, I do

Hi sunstallion,

Yes, I use the yes/no spread and very often. However, it took me a while to understand how it works because the topic you are asking about and how you are asking about it makes an enormous difference for it to work.

I'll give you an example. If you are asking the cards to make a decision for you, then it's not worth it. Looking back at my journals, situations such as this one make the cards either give you a response that makes no sense, or a "sorry, there's no answer at this time".

However, in some of the cases that you mentioned, a yes/no question could be extremely helpful. I have a few examples that were very successful, such as two days ago: I did a reading about a horrendous noise that would not leave the neighborhood alone, even to sleep! I was able to solve it because of the yes/no spread, believe it or not. I asked "If I don't take any course of action about this noise, will it be solved?" I was hoping the manager would do something, or that a neighbor would complain, so I wasn't sure about what to do. I had called the manager several times about this for the past month, so I felt that it made no difference to call for the tenth time. The answer that the yes/no spread gave me was "No" and the cards showed me exactly what I needed to do to solve it, step by step and with details. They also told me that it was a very simple issue. I won't bore you with all the details because they are too many, but in conclusion, the events that happened in the last few days proved that, hadn't I done something, we would still be leaving in noise land.

I journaled a lot about this type of spread and came to many conclusions. If you need any specific information or examples, let me know. I will be happy to share my experiencies with you.

Best,

S.

Schehrazada

About specific questions

Sorry, I forgot to say that sometimes the belief that "the more specific the question, the more specific the answer" does not apply. Remember that the cards will always tell you what you need to know at that specific time and under your specific circumstances. At least, this is how it works for me. Sometimes I ask a general question, and I get a very specific answer. Sometimes I ask a specific question and the cards tell me to call some other day. ;-)

Such is life also, right? Sometimes we want to know about something, but we can't for some reason. I see tarot as the mirror of life.

Best,

S.

sunstallion

Demon Goddess said:
If you limit your reading, you limit your reading. Tarot is only ever limited by the reader, imho.

with love

Oh no, I don't limit my readings. I would never want to limit my readings. Every book I touched and most people who have worked with tarot said that tarot is not a good choice to answer a yes/no question, like it doesnt work that way.

Demon Goddess

sunstallion said:
Oh no, I don't limit my readings. I would never want to limit my readings. Every book I touched and most people who have worked with tarot said that tarot is not a good choice to answer a yes/no question, like it doesnt work that way.

You make my point very well.

Tarot not making a good choice to answer a yes/no question is a limitation that the writer of said books have put upon their tarot and for some reason people want to accept. Just because someone else says "Tarot works this way" or "Tarot doesn't work that way" does not make it so. Tarot works the way the reader allows it to work.

By that, I mean, if ONE knows their cards, and I mean REALLY knows their cards, then they will easily be able to ask yes/no questions and they will readily get yes/no answers. The only limitations ONE puts on the cards, are the limitations of the reader. The cards don't care.

Please do not misunderstand me... I am not suggesting that all readers at all times will be able to decipher a clear yes/no from every reading, although, that is possible... What I am stating is that if you believe that you will never get a clear yes/no from a reading then you are the one putting limitations on the readings and you will either never ask such questions or you will never understand the answers.

I hope that's clearer.

With love,

T

greycats

Flip a coin

A coin toss will give you a "yes or no" answer. That's all it can give you. Tarot gives qualified answers or sometimes no answer at all. No answer might mean you've asked the wrong question. ;)