Holistic Tarot - Benebell Wen

silvereye

I also have the Golden Universal, and yup there are definitely some differences between that and the strict RWS clones and not just in the colors. The dress styles, the human characters themselves, the background, etc. - there are distinct changes made altho overall, the impression one gets is that it does approximate the standard RWS. However, if you're not really up to getting a copy of the RWS, the book does have black and white images of each and every card.

In any case, you may have some aversion to the images of the RWS you see online but have you seen an actual physical deck? I think some occult shops have open copies of these decks that you may peruse or browse. There are more than 5 RWS clones that I know of, each with a different coloring style, line thickness, brightness, feel, etc. You just might change your mind when you do find one that suits you. Or if you're willing to shell out $10, there's a pocket version of the Waite-Smith Centennial Tarot available in Amazon. Check it out:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1572818123/

That's an almost 50% discount, so now is the perfect time to grab a copy if you think it would be nice to at least have a copy of the classic RWS. Remember that it's the small version tho, with the cards measuring just about 2.25 inches by 3.75 inches. But it does come in a tin, so yeah.

Thanks that's where the dilemma likes because i do see some material differences like in the seven of swords the feeling Golden Universal conveys is different from a RWS for sure. Ill have to order from book depository for shipping costs so will check it out. Thanks so much

EmpyreanKnight

Thanks that's where the dilemma likes because i do see some material differences like in the seven of swords the feeling Golden Universal conveys is different from a RWS for sure. Ill have to order from book depository for shipping costs so will check it out. Thanks so much

Howdy Asian neighbor! Ah yes of course, Book Depository offers free shipping worldwide, right?

The Original Rider Waite is the cheapest one I can find in BD at US$13+, and it's even regular-sized.

https://www.bookdepository.com/The-Original-Rider-Waite-Tarot-Deck-Arthur-Edward-Waite/9780712670579

It's my very first standard RWS, and more than a decade after purchasing it, I still use it. In fact I just used it two days ago for some online readings here. I never regretted buying it altho it didn't really move me that much. I honestly think the Centennial is more beautiful.

Anyway, I hope you find what you're looking for, silvereye. :)

silvereye

Howdy Asian neighbor! Ah yes of course, Book Depository offers free shipping worldwide, right?

The Original Rider Waite is the cheapest one I can find in BD at US$13+, and it's even regular-sized.

https://www.bookdepository.com/The-Original-Rider-Waite-Tarot-Deck-Arthur-Edward-Waite/9780712670579

It's my very first standard RWS, and more than a decade after purchasing it, I still use it. In fact I just used it two days ago for some online readings here. I never regretted buying it altho it didn't really move me that much. I honestly think the Centennial is more beautiful.

Anyway, I hope you find what you're looking for, silvereye. :)

Thanks and yes now that I've gone through some Youtube reviews Centennial does seem to be the least offensive. They have both a regular version and a Tin version on book depository too, really gotta think hard on this one. Tin sounds robust for storage but if it's really smaller than the size of a Lenormand card it might be harder for me to just, look at it.

On the other hand, I've had a few misses with Book Depo lately, one deck has a duplicate in it but MISSING another card and the other deck had several scratched cards straight out of printing.