The Golden Tarot of Visconti Sforza ???

BSwett

I just got a copy of this. My first VS. Lovely in many ways, specially considering the price, unfortunately, the books interpretations of the pips follow the 'canned' RWS meanings.... Fail.

Ill discard the cheap reading cloth and stop reading the book when I get to the minors. But forthe $13 I paid for this on Amazon, I'm stoked.

Stark Raven

I just got a copy of this. My first VS. Lovely in many ways, specially considering the price, unfortunately, the books interpretations of the pips follow the 'canned' RWS meanings.... Fail.

Ill discard the cheap reading cloth and stop reading the book when I get to the minors. But forthe $13 I paid for this on Amazon, I'm stoked.

Were the cards in your set printed with a severe offset?

rwcarter

My TCDE (Tarot Crack Dealer & Enabler) gave me this on Labor Day. I also noticed the RWS meanings for the pips when thumbing through the book. Oh well. At least I didn't pay for it....

Ill discard the cheap reading cloth and ....
But, but, but, it's PURPLE!!!!! :D

Rodney

Stark Raven

Mine weren't.

Yes - but its identical to the one that came in my weird cheap Tarot Kit with a TDM deck and a RWS book.... :)

I suppose you can get that happen with any deck. I really wanted that kit too.

rwcarter

The same thing crossed my mind, but no, these were far too off center for that to be the explanation. I can't believe that would be the case. In some the image touched the outer edge of the card and left no border on that side as a result. On the other side there was a big fat border. I can't believe that if the original were that far off that it wouldn't have been corrected to some degree.

Just went through the cards and while many of them have a slightly larger left border than right, none of them are seriously off-center.

Stark Raven

Just went through the cards and while many of them have a slightly larger left border than right, none of them are seriously off-center.

Hmmm. Your comments almost make me want to try again.

vinLove

With this deck, I find hard to tell which way is upright and reverse on a few pip cards e.g. 8 of wands, as there are no numbers, and top and bottom part is exactly same looking.

rwcarter

With this deck, I find hard to tell which way is upright and reverse on a few pip cards e.g. 8 of wands, as there are no numbers, and top and bottom part is exactly same looking.

Welcome vinLove! You can use an ink pen to place a small dot along the bottom (center or corner, whichever you'll see but won't be too obvious) to indicate whether the card is upright or reversed. If you do it for all the cards, even the ones that don't need it, it won't look that out of place.

vinLove

Welcome vinLove! You can use an ink pen to place a small dot along the bottom (center or corner, whichever you'll see but won't be too obvious) to indicate whether the card is upright or reversed. If you do it for all the cards, even the ones that don't need it, it won't look that out of place.

Thank you for your welcome rwcarter. It sounds a good idea. I will try it. Thank you.