Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

US Games Cary-Yale 2016

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Marseilles & Other Early Decks

Citizen

Bluefeet 
Citizen

US Games Cary-Yale 2016

New Cary-Yale printing coming out soon from US Games:

https://www.usgamesinc.com/Cary-Yale-Visconti-Tarocchi-Deck/

Looks like it's been revised and color corrected!
Top   #1
Citizen

LauraKai 
Citizen

Thanks for the heads up! I'd just looked into this deck yesterday and was sad to find it was out of print in its previous format. Will add this to my wishlist
Top   #2
Citizen

earthair 
Citizen

Which artist has done the missing cards?
Top   #3
XII. The Hanging Cat

rachelcat 
XII. The Hanging Cat

If it's the same as the 1984 version, Luigi Scapini. The booklet says "artist Luigi Scapini has recreated the nineteen missing cards. Scapini used printed proofs of the authentic cards for the background. By means of collage and overpainting, the figures, costumes, symbols, heraldic devices and overall style are captured on each card." But the replacement cards are still pretty obvious, at least to me.

The additional cards are: Fool, Magician, Justice, Hermit, Wheel, Hanged, Temperance, Devil, Tower, Moon, Sun, male Knight of Swords, male Page of Swords, King of Staves, male Knight of Staves, Queen of Cups, female Knight of Cups, male Page of Coins, 3 of Coins.

I like the looks of the new version, though. If the colors are really better. And I like the more "authentic" backs, too!
Top   #4
Citizen

Abrac 
Citizen

US Games has a similar new version of the Visconti-Sforza which I was curious about; there's a discussion here with some pics. It has the same Scapini replacements as the earlier version, so my guess is this one has also.
Top   #5
Citizen

earthair 
Citizen

Oh, well if nothing has changed at least I get to save money by not buying the new one, but on the other hand the flip lid box of their re-release of Pierpont Morgan is soooo nice.
Top   #6
Citizen

Abrac 
Citizen

The new Pierpont Morgan box does look very nice I will have to agree.
Top   #7
Future Fella

agviz 
Future Fella

I wonder how it will compare to the Meneghello version (which has only the original 67 cards). I have that and it seems it would be pretty hard to beat.
Top   #8
Citizen

Metafizzypop 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefeet View Post
New Cary-Yale printing coming out soon from US Games:
Those cards are almost 7 inches tall! I already knew that these cards were gigantic, but I had forgotten. I'd love to have this deck, but I can't imagine how I would shuffle it. And a reading with it would take up the whole dining room table

I love the art, and would love to have this deck. But I buy decks to use them, and this one might just sit on the shelf because of the extraordinary size of the cards. I wish someone would made a mini version of this deck. Because a mini version would be like a normal size version of any other deck. I'm guessing that the original cards actually were humongous, and really were 7 inches tall. But if the publisher can take the liberty of reproducing the 20-odd missing cards, then it seems to me that they could take the liberty with the actual size of the cards.

/rant
Top   #9
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metafizzypop View Post
Those cards are almost 7 inches tall! I already knew that these cards were gigantic, but I had forgotten. I'd love to have this deck, but I can't imagine how I would shuffle it. And a reading with it would take up the whole dining room table
It does take space when in use. But it shuffles easily end to end (long-ways.) Ask Nisaba - who uses hers a lot and who has TINY hands.

The images DESERVE to be this size, they really do.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.