TotOP VERSES Tarot of Northern Shadows

Two of Wands

While studying and becoming more aware of The Tarot of the Old Path, it occurs to me how similar the images and approach of The Tarot of the Northern Shadows is are as a deck. It's created by the artist od the Old Path, and is commissioned by the same guy.

ONe card in particular is interesting: The Magician - once again sporting Antlers.

I wondered if anyone had any views on this deck. I don't own it myself and have only seen scans of some of the cards, but I'd be interested to know whether anyone is a fan of this deck, or if they have both this and the Old Path. If so how do they compare, and whihc do you prefer?

Silverlotus

Thank you for pointing this out. I did a web search for Tarot of the Northern Shadows, and I rather like it. I've been looking for a Celtic inspired deck, but none that I have found appeal to me. I think I might search this one out to purchase.

Moongold

Interesting.....

Quite nice art work. The characters seem less ethereal than the Tarot for the Old Path characters. The deck seems to be oriented towards Germans as well, which gives a nice feel. I'd like to see it but unless there is something substantially different about it I probably would not buy it.