What do you focus on when doing this spread?

page of wands

What a great spread! Can't wait to try it. Personally I would focus on "truth and guidance" as a general way of meditating while shuffling.

Alright, I'll do this too. These are good spreads, but they are very deep and intense! It is like going to a counseling session to analyze them. At least the cards I am using!

Farzon

What I did (which might have been ridiculous) was I said "I'm doing the spread that was on my computer screen", and whoever was helping me could have a look and pick out the cards accordingly. I also focused on higher self and shadow self.

You are picking the cards. If you believe in spirit guides helping you, they'll rather catch your thoughts than the computer screen, I think.

Talking in general, in a reading, I focus on the question and the spread at the beginning and try to let completely go of it while shuffling. The longer I use the cards, the less I think about this stuff. And the less I think about it, the more I can concentrate on the actual reading.

page of wands

You are picking the cards. If you believe in spirit guides helping you, they'll rather catch your thoughts than the computer screen, I think.

Talking in general, in a reading, I focus on the question and the spread at the beginning and try to let completely go of it while shuffling. The longer I use the cards, the less I think about this stuff. And the less I think about it, the more I can concentrate on the actual reading.

I did everything people suggested here. I focused on the questions, I did it separately, I shuffled until I felt like I should stop. Then I set down the cards, and recorded everything. 7/9 cards were upside down. And again I felt blocked mentally trying to figure the cards out.

Farzon

I did everything people suggested here. I focused on the questions, I did it separately, I shuffled until I felt like I should stop. Then I set down the cards, and recorded everything. 7/9 cards were upside down. And again I felt blocked mentally trying to figure the cards out.

Maybe just stop using reversals? I heard of readers turning all the cards upside-down when more than 50% of a spread show up reversed.

About the mental block: how long do you use the cards? In the beginning it's usually more complicated to figure out larger spreads. Just don't let this stop you!

About the shuffling: I find it more easy to set myself a shuffling ritual, this reduces the skeptical thoughts if I have shuffled enough already. But we're heading off topic now...

page of wands

Maybe just stop using reversals? I heard of readers turning all the cards upside-down when more than 50% of a spread show up reversed.

About the mental block: how long do you use the cards? In the beginning it's usually more complicated to figure out larger spreads. Just don't let this stop you!

About the shuffling: I find it more easy to set myself a shuffling ritual, this reduces the skeptical thoughts if I have shuffled enough already. But we're heading off topic now...

I made a post about shuffling some weeks back! I haven't kept track with how long I use them. Maybe it wasn't a mental block, maybe it was just feeling frustrated because it was a larger spread. I felt the same way when I was in school trying to solve a math problem. But it confuses me because sometimes I do big spreads and the answers come very easily. This wasn't easy.