A Celtic Cross Experiment

Barleywine

Here's a brain-stretcher for you! We frequently debate the use of a Significator card in the Celtic Cross spread. I finally reached the conclusion that it can be left out completely. But I couldn't shake the feeling that something more might be gained from it. While working on my "Troll Under the Bridge" spread, I came up with the notion of a "Traveling Significator" and the spread itself as an approximation of the squares in a board game. I decided to apply the idea to the Celtic Cross.

This exercise could actually be done mentally without ever moving the Significator card, but I'm a visual type and prefer to see the card combinations I'm interpreting side-by-side. Besides, I would not otherwise have come upon the "squirrel" analogy. :D

Attachments

• CC with Traveling Significator.pdf
    88.4 KB · Views: 376

Herodotus

Travelling Significator? I think I can gather what's meant by that from the attachment, but I'm curious if you've got another thread around here somewhere that elaborates on this idea? I'm also curious about the Troll Under the Bridge.

Barleywine

This is where I came up with the idea, by thinking about the spread positions as the squares on a board-game map and the Significator as a moveable "game piece." The idea is better-integrated here than in the CC, but I think it works in both cases.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=269483

Herodotus

Interesting... I like it.