how to dance the astrology spread twist

lunalafey

another part of this spread to look at are the elements associated with the signs and the corresponding cards-

Aries/mars- fire--- Daughter wands-fire*
Taurus/venus- earth--- 5 wands-fire
Gemini/mercury- air--- father wands-fire
Cancer/moon- water--- 9 cups-water*
Leo/sun- fire--- 5 swords-air
Virgo/mecury- earth--- 3 stones-earth*
Libra/venus- air--- 9 wands- fire
Scorpio/pluto- water--- Fool-{Uranus}
Saggitarius/jupiter -fire--- mother wands-fire*
Capricorn/saturn- earth--- 2 cups-water
Aquarius/uranus- air--- Strength {Leo-fire}
Pisces/neptune- water---Ace cups/water*

again starting with the ace- I would say that this would be a good time to really start to trust your intuitions and hunches....

take a look at the other connections such as the square with the 5 of wands in 2nd Hs and the 5 of swords in 5th Hs.

there is also a concentration upon Leo and Aquarius- you pulled the Strength card in the Aquarius position- aquarius is opposite of Leo.
I note quite a few interesting oppositions and squares.

question- who are you closer to? who are you most like?
your father or your mother?

Phoenix Rising

Hi Luna
Well as a child up into late 20's I adored my father, or trying to get his approval.
And on the outside, I'm the only one to look like my father, my negative traits are my fathers too. The self-sacricing trait I have is my mothers, she's also Aries and dad is Gemini.

lunalafey

ASPECTS

In astrology the distance between two (or more) planets are measured. When the planets distances create specific angles, these are called aspects.
In the spread, each card/sign/house represents 30 degrees
count by 30 from the first house to the 7th and you have 180 degrees- an opposition

• Major Aspects

0 deg- conjunction- there will be no conjunctions in the cards themselves- but there can be when you get into using your own natal chart with this spread.

60 deg- sextile- 1st & 3rd hs 2nd & 4th....etc
    (fire-air or earth-water combinations)
    these are influences/issues that work well together

90 deg- square- 1st & 4th hs, 2nd & 5th....etc
    these are influences and issues etc. that are working against each-other, yet from this friction, there is a potential for growth

120 deg- trine- 1st & 5th, 2nd & 6th
    the signs/houses that are 120 degrees apart are the same element and there for very positive and strong. Things can come too easy with this combination so it's important to not get 'lazy' in these areas/issues etc.

180 deg- opposition- 1st & 7th house etc....
    again, like a squre, these are things that are working against eachother yet towards the same goal, they just have very different ways of coming at the issue.

more on aspects

Phoenix Rising

Hi Lunalafey
Just thought I'd mention that the spread is surely working itself out I've experienced, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 11th and 12th so far. The opposition of 5th and 11th has been the main one and the square of 4th and 7th. Hope this makes sense. This spread has inspired me to learn alot more about astrology.
Holmes was also kind enough to give me the corresponding cards for my own natal chart. so I placed the cards into the relevant houses. Interesting. Although was unable to decipher it that well.

dadsnook2000

A few considerations, and aspects looked at.

Hello. I've used the horoscope/house spread for some time and have included "aspects" within my interpretations. Lunalafey has asked that I comment on these in this particular spread.

ASPECTS

Fool square Strength, 8 to 11
King/W opposite Queen/W
Page/Five/King of Wands conjunct
Page/W opposite Nine/W
Two/C opposite Nine/C, sextile/trine to Ace/C

I have generally applied "aspects" to this spread when:
1) Two or more sequential cards are of the same suite, rank or Major Arcana; I view these as a conjunction aspect.
2) Two cards of the same suite, rank or Major Arcana are opposite each other; I view these as being in opposition.
3) Two cards of the same suite, rank or Major Arcana are seperated by two other cards; I view these as being in square.

BASIC CARD MEANINGS: (I have used the Waite-Smith deck here)

House 1: Page of Wands. Start of a project, creative spirit, anticipation.
House 2: Five of Wands, Rx. Difficult times, subversive actions by others.
House 3: King of Wands, Rx. Restrained control is demonstrated.
House 4: Nine of Cups, Rx. Shallowness, hollow achievement is seen for what it is.
House 5: Five of Swords, Rx. Discord runs deep. Agony goes on.
House 6: Three of Pentacles. Achievement, recognition, teamwork, plan being carried out.

House 7: Nine of Wands. Stamina, persistence, skills professionally applied.
House 8: Fool. Beginning, spontaneity, faith.
House 9: Queen of Wands. Assurance seen, attractive situation, command.
House 10: Two of Cups, Rx. Lack of dependability, trust broken.
House 11: Strength. Control, assurance demonstrated, passion in control.
House 12: Ace of Cups. Promise, emotional opportunity, excitement.

INTERPRETATION USING HOUSE POSITION AND ASPECTS.

#1, Page of Wands. A person of creativity, enthusiasm for life, one who looks forward to each day. The opposition to #7, Nine of Wands, suggests you operate under a need to perform tasks and meet responsibilities on a day-by-day basis, something which is not in sync with your basic personality. Others put stress upon you.

#1, 2 & 3 are all Wands and can be treated as a conjunction for interpretive purposes. #2, Five of Wands, suggests difficulty in maintaining your resources, perhaps a loss not of your own fault. #3, King of Wands, suggests that suggestions and patience with another has not so far paid dividends for you. Taken together, these three wands might convey a cheery attitude that is under seige through promises broken, trickery, and patience that has not been easily obtained.

#3, King of Wands, Rx opposite #9, Queen of Wands. suggests that dignity, self-assuredness and commitment are being applied to support or direct someone who seems to lack determination and energy to commit or carry through on what has been started.

#4, Nine of Cups Rx, opposite the Two of Cups Rx in the 10th. The truth has or will emerge, someone in a relationship is not worthy of the other. Someone has cheated or not given oneself fully. Yet, the Ace of Cups (#12) trines and sextiles this axis and possibly represents a "silver lining" -- another who is waiting to step forward, either being or leading to a better situation.

#5, Five of Swords is square the #s Five of Wands. Ideas and words versus action -- personal values and resources of a intangible nature may be utilized by another. The 5 of Swords represents discord and pain, probably over something you had a part in creating, a child, a learning experience. This is the only Sword card and it suggests that direct attempts to physically control something haven't worked out.

#6, Three of Pentacles. You do good things for and with others and are generally appreciated on a wider scale. Earlier noted difficulties seem related to particular individuals.

I'll continue this in another post. I'm flying blind here, just reading the cards, houses and aspects like I knew what I was doing. I don't know what the querent's situation is other than she is a now-single mom going through a period of adjustment. Dave.

dadsnook2000

Continued

#7, Nine of Wands. This signifys a sense of self-strength and determination to work with others or to succeed in spite of others.

#8, Fool. This is the house of "unequal sharing" and suggests that expectations, promises or contracts have not worked out as expected. There have been adjustments required. Given the "square" aspect to #11, Strength, there seems to an "on again, off again" nature to balancing expectations with control and stability. This would equal no/little stability of promised help.

#9, Queen of Wands could be a personal significator of the querent, showing her as both learning and demonstrating an increasing position of stability and good sense -- all due entirely to her own attitude in life.

#10, Two of Cups Rx. This is one end of the parental axis, the other end being the Nine of Cups Rx, and suggests some emotional upheaval in early family life. And as we know from working with astrology, what comes around goes around. So, there is/has been emotional upheaval in your own life. This would seem to be a sort of destiny phase for you to go through.

Note the Wands on the Ascending-Descending axis and the Cups on the MC-IC (family) axis. Cups and wands together normally mean "happiness." Here the personal experience clashes with the family/relationship experience so happiness has to be fought for.

#11, Strength in the house of friends, rewards from set goals and career efforts, is a good card. Friends are good, but they may not always offer good advice or follow through with the support they promise (square to the Fool). Taken what is given cheerfully and do not expect more than you get.

#12, Ace of Cups. This is reward in heaven, although we certainly hope you don't have to wait to collect on this. You are either personifying a beacon of hope for others or have a sense of what you can accomplish over time. This symbolizes the opposite of the MC-IC-family pattern of emotional turmoil and is an offering that is somehow tied to the #6 card of service to/for others. In business we all now of that old saying, "no good deed shall go unpunished." The ironic saying is not in your future, it would seem that some sort of Prince Charming is appearing. I'm not skilled enough at Tarot to be more specific, but this "hope in the future" seems quite apparent.

The Queen/9th as a counter-point to the King, the square of Strength to the Fool, and the Ace opposite the Pentacle strike me as being the strong cards in this spread for you. Dave.

lunalafey

Re: A few considerations, and aspects looked at.

dadsnook2000 said:
I'm flying blind here, just reading the cards, houses and aspects like I knew what I was doing.

and yet an intricate tapestry is created~

dadsnook2000

Tapestry?

Yes, this simple reading really does point to a complex weaving of life experiences, people and expectations. I usually keep my first readings relatively simple, laying out an outline that fits together and pointing out the conflicts questions that will lead to greater insights later. Life is complex. As an astrologer I learnt that you can't always make a statement when the context for a reading is unknown. Some people just don't want to say or share too much and get uncomfortable with verbose statements. So, I just layout an outline and point to conflicting issues as a means of generating thoughts and considerations. Often, the chart or spread owner/subject offers to share more -- then we all learn. Dave.

Phoenix Rising

Thanks Dadsnook and Lunalafey
That was well done.
At present I have been helping out a friend, who has a young son. The father to the child, who is also a good friend of mine had a extramarital affair and is still seeing the woman who is a very close family member of mine. So I have been stuck in the middle of this situation. I had known about the situation for a while, and the friend I was helping out feels now that I had betrayed her because I had known all along. It was a terrible situation because I had torn loyalties, although I had helped her through it, and did everything I could to try and make it easier. Now I've told her that she is no longer a victim and to hold her head up, and nobody is worth losing your dignity over. I know what she's going through and I did all of what I advised her.
So that would be indicative of 2 cups(rv) and 9cups(rv)5 swords(rv)and 5 wands(rv) I have spoken to all parties since and basically told them of their responsibilities etc etc.
Yes I would say that I have been in a bit of a struggle lately financially but I'm not losing sleep over it, I definitely have looked at my life with a positive attitude and put it all down to experience and taking responsibility for all the lessons that I have created.
I do have that new spark as you put it and alot more motivation. Everything is a joy. I'm looking at learning some new skills in the vibrational therapy area this month, and will be doing a ascension, DNA activation course later on during the year. So that would be 3 stones, as it involves a group situation.
I do have alot of responsibility for others as well as my 3 children and my niece and nephew that I also help look after during the day and after school. My childrens father whom I have separated we are very good friends and he has been sick and currently in hospital I will be helping out as well. I also have my older sister living with me and in the weekends her 5 children sometimes come and stay. So yes i am bombarded with alot of other people. Although I am looking at the situation in a better manner as before it was all too much for me. But I've spoken with those concerned as well. So that would certainly tie up with the cards.
I've just yet to meet prince charming!
My main focus will be on self-discovery and clearing out all the baggage of my past.
So you guys did a brilliant job interpreting such a complex spread, thankyou both very much.

dadsnook2000

More to come . . .

Now that we have looked at the situational side of this spread, we can next look at how it might unfold over time. Each card and house position represents a month. Each of those cards can have tie-ins with other cards. So, we can look at upcomming months and see what is likely to develop -- what will be new, what will change relative to something that happened months earlier, all of this giving you an outline to anticipate and plan for.

By the way, the Ace of Cups is 11 months out. Sorry about that. Dave.