gilded tarot-queen of cups

gorgeousbutterfly

Why is there a very cloudy stormy atmosphere? i would think that would belong to the queen of swords?

balenciaga

My King of Cups in the Golden deck has a stormy sea. I guess it supposed to represent the emotions. Cup courts can be melancholy or overly-emotional at times. Also they see the world through their emotions.

gorgeousbutterfly

i asked the deck why is it stormy and dark clouds in the queen of cup cards (using gilded) i got 4 of swords...... rest after turmoil and emotional issues,heartbreak etc hmmmmm

GypsyHeart

gorgeousbutterfly said:
i asked the deck why is it stormy and dark clouds in the queen of cup cards (using gilded) i got 4 of swords...... rest after turmoil and emotional issues,heartbreak etc hmmmmm

I love this idea! Next time I'm stuck on something in a card I'm going to try this.

The answer you got makes sense and kind of goes with what balenciaga said. I'd agree that the stormy sky has to do with emotions.

Willow Huntermoon

I have always noticed the clouds behind the Queen on Cups on the Guilded Tarot. In the clouds I also noticed an image clearly visable on the Queen of Wands, to me it looks like a family (hugging or huddled).

This same pattern repeats on Ace of Swords and Ace of Wands, Queen of Wands, 5 of Cups and 5 of Swords, also on the 3 of Swords, 3 of Cups and 3 of wands and behind the house on the 10 of Cups. Those are the olny cards that these people/family clouds appear on the cards.

Then the same pattern of clouds are reversed on the Queen of Cups, 6 of Cups, 7 of Cups and 8 of Cups, Queen of Swords, the 10 of Swords and the 8 of Swords. The one wand in this reversed cloud category is the 9 of Wands.

Very strange I am still trying to figure out what it all means. Or is it just when they printed the deck they just repeated and reversed the pattern of the clouds randomly?

The strange thing was when I first saw the Guilded Deck It was behind the Queen of Cups that I noticed this odd cloud formation, then I saw it clearer in other cards and vaugely in others.

Has anyone else noticed this in the Guilded Deck and has any opions on the subject? Is this random or symbolic?

Thirteen

Willow Huntermoon said:
Is this random or symbolic?
I doubt it's random. Deck creators are very careful folk who often nuance and put symbolism into every leaf, every color choice, every button on a vest and filigree pattern. Which is not to say that they won't get lazy and use the same pattern more than once :D

Look at the Ace/Cups for your answer: Light from above (and within--from the inner eye) coming through the clouds to reflect upon the waters; Moonlight rather than Sunlight, the light of changing emotions, intuition and visions. Yes, there are dark clouds in the Queen/Cups card, and she's gazing at them and the water. These clouds reflect the emotional, melancholy mood cups can bring. But there is also a silver lining under at least one cloud and the hint of moonlight (?) cutting through and playing on the water.

I think this reiterates the Ace/Cups theme that through Cups may give the feeling of being under a cloud (synonymous with being underwater) there is inner vision which can cut through those clouds and or give them a silver lining. Rays of truth and insight. The King/Cups hovers above but within these clouds.

Now take a look at the Ace of Swords: it floats among similar clouds--but there is no inner, unconscious eye providing light that cuts through. Instead, the swords themselves, their sharpness of intellect, must cut through all kinds of mental clouds, like a breeze breaking them apart to let in the light. This breeze is metaphorically show in a silvery-blue ribbon that appears and vanishes among the clouds, part of them and not part of them.

The Queen/Swords has her back to the clouds and is cleverly using her polished sword to double the light in the room, like a mirror. And the the King/Swords floats above the clouds into a clear night sky of starry (and mental) clarity and sharpness. The stars are very bright and there's the suggestion of astronomy, of science and a higher wisdom.

All the Kings, by the way, are floating up into night skies. The King/Pents is looking away from the moon. The King/Swords has, I believe, Uranus in the background (don't let the ring fool you; Uranus has a ring and, as compared to Saturn, it's radically tilted--check out this picture of Uranus and compare: http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2005/12/images/uranus.jpg). King/Wands has what looks like Mars above him, and King/Cups has a very definitive Saturn. Now I may be reading way too much into this, but Astrologically, signs connect, and even "flip" to the opposite sign on the wheel under certain circumstances. Saturn, hanging so low and near to the King/Cups might be clueing us to the fact that the king is Cancer in this deck, which has a lot in common with it's opposite number on the wheel, Capricorn, including a melancholy nature.

Nice of you to make us give these cards a closer look, GB and Hunter! It seems that the deck makers took great care to make the skies as well as the backgrounds reflect the meaning of each card.

Willow Huntermoon

Very insightful, Thank you Thirteen.

I would be courious to hear your take on the 6 of Wands question/observation I posted.

Shages

The Queen of Cups always reminds me of my mother. Caring, loving, (over) emotional. Fits her like a glove

HeatherRose

I take it to mean two things....depending on where it lands in a reading.

First, someone can be a bit over emotional.
However, I also see it sometimes as even when there is darker days or even some turbulence, this queen keeps her calm, her patience, and nurtures and puts those around her at ease.

PAMUYA

Why is there a very cloudy stormy atmosphere? i would think that would belong to the queen of swords?

The Queen of Cups when standing alone is unstable, emotions, all emotions is what cups are about. She is always there for you, but keeps a lid on her termoils, loves, and happiness. You never quite know where she stands on anything. The Queen of Swords, you will know exactly where she stands because she will tell you.