Help me figure this out...

Kreative-Dragon

Help me figure this out... {edit}

Okay, so I was trying DESPERATLY to get some sleep last night, and I also had my Tarot deck under my pillow (Friend of mine, Cerridwen [not the one here... I think], said it's good to connect with your cards) when I got this image of a Tarot Spread that I havn't seen before, and I was wondering if you guys could help me try and figure out it's meaning.

So first off, take your cards and place them in front of you, then spread them in a circular motion clockwise, like this . Then take cards and place them like this

***1***
*2*O*3*
***4***
***5***

so it looks like this

any ideas guys? What do you think this spread could be used for? What can it answer... what should I do with it? {It's now been 2 days since, and I'm itching to do something with it, but I don't know what.}

{I am going to post the Cards I first got so that we might be able to figure out what the different positions mean. I don't want a reading, I want to understand what this spread can be used for
1. Ace of Cups
2. Ace of Coins
3.Reversed Page of Coins
4. The Devil
5.Four of Wands
hope this adds another puzzle piece to this wonderful puzzle}
}

Interesting fact... wasn't last night the new moon?

Kreative-Dragon

Any ideas guys? Please help me out here.

Amanda

Kreative-Dragon said:
Any ideas guys? Please help me out here.

There are so many ways you could read that...

***1***
*2*O*3*
***4***
***5***

I would be inclined to start with number 1 as the present of what's on the sitter's mind maybe. 2 as what's past, 3 as what's coming, but then also read 1 as the link between 2 and 3, and 4 would show what they are presently dealing with, and 5 would show what's underneath what they are currently dealing with. Then you could read 1 and 5 together as advice. So you'd actually be reading some of the cards more than once, which I do sometimes since I got a fortune telling deck. LOL

Just what I would do at a quick glance.

Kreative-Dragon

Amanda_04 said:
There are so many ways you could read that...

***1***
*2*O*3*
***4***
***5***

I would be inclined to start with number 1 as the present of what's on the sitter's mind maybe. 2 as what's past, 3 as what's coming, but then also read 1 as the link between 2 and 3, and 4 would show what they are presently dealing with, and 5 would show what's underneath what they are currently dealing with. Then you could read 1 and 5 together as advice. So you'd actually be reading some of the cards more than once, which I do sometimes since I got a fortune telling deck. LOL

Just what I would do at a quick glance.

Idjit question, but when you say Sitter, you mean whomever I'm reading for, correct? Brain fart right now, just wanted to make sure XP

So you're saying to read them in order as such: 1, 2, 3, 123 (group explination) 4, 5, and tehn 15 (group explination)? correct me if I'm wrong, and thank you for the advice.

Amanda

Kreative-Dragon said:
Idjit question, but when you say Sitter, you mean whomever I'm reading for, correct? Brain fart right now, just wanted to make sure XP

LOL, yes. :)

So you're saying to read them in order as such: 1, 2, 3, 123 (group explination) 4, 5, and tehn 15 (group explination)? correct me if I'm wrong, and thank you for the advice.

I think you could read 1, 2, and 3 separately and/or together. 1 could be read as what is presently on the sitter's mind, but also could show you a link between 2 and 3. And then 1 also could be read together with 5 for advice. So, the first card would essentially be "getting around" in this spread. :D

Kreative-Dragon

Amanda_04 said:
LOL, yes. :)

I think you could read 1, 2, and 3 separately and/or together. 1 could be read as what is presently on the sitter's mind, but also could show you a link between 2 and 3. And then 1 also could be read together with 5 for advice. So, the first card would essentially be "getting around" in this spread. :D

I know I know, silly Question. Thats the first time I've seen someone use that term for it though XP silly me, I need to be broader in my terms *facepalm*

So... the way I have to start it off, by creating the circle... what do you think that means?

Glass Owl

In the spread area there is a Collaboration Spread Creation Thread and Index at http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=120995 I would suggest that you post your request for help with this in that thread (the card layout and instructions, not the specific cards that you drew). Rodney will then open up a new thread and then others can come along and help you create a spread using what you come up with so far. These collaboration spread exercises are a good way of getting assistance but also help others learn how to create/modify spreads and see the various ways that a spread can come together.

I think that your situation would be very interesting to work on since you have come up with the card layout first rather than the topic.

Amanda

Kreative-Dragon said:
I know I know, silly Question. Thats the first time I've seen someone use that term for it though XP silly me, I need to be broader in my terms *facepalm*

That's okay, I never used it before I joined here. ;)

So... the way I have to start it off, by creating the circle... what do you think that means?

I don't know, it's a circle- makes me think of the World card. So when you dip in and pull your cards out, you're taking some info from your "world"... go wherever you want with that, that's about as far as I've thought it through. :D

Kreative-Dragon

Glass Owl said:
In the spread area there is a Collaboration Spread Creation Thread and Index at http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=120995 I would suggest that you post your request for help with this in that thread (the card layout and instructions, not the specific cards that you drew). Rodney will then open up a new thread and then others can come along and help you create a spread using what you come up with so far. These collaboration spread exercises are a good way of getting assistance but also help others learn how to create/modify spreads and see the various ways that a spread can come together.

I think that your situation would be very interesting to work on since you have come up with the card layout first rather than the topic.

I did origionally post it in there, along with the cards I had drawn the first time to get the "feel" of the spread. It was moved back here... I think I'm just waiting for it now to be moved back. Thanks though >.<

Amanda_04 said:
I don't know, it's a circle- makes me think of the World card. So when you dip in and pull your cards out, you're taking some info from your "world"... go wherever you want with that, that's about as far as I've thought it through.

I'm wondering... I tried doing it in a counter clockwise direction, and it felt wrong. It has to be in a Clockwise direction... and isn't that supposed to draw energy inwards? Maybe it's a way to bring the energy into the cards or something like that.

Amanda

Kreative-Dragon said:
I'm wondering... I tried doing it in a counter clockwise direction, and it felt wrong. It has to be in a Clockwise direction... and isn't that supposed to draw energy inwards? Maybe it's a way to bring the energy into the cards or something like that.

Well (to me) the World can be about the complete inner world (spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically) in a person, just as much as it can represent an outer world.