Opinions on Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards?

celticnoodle

I have this deck, as did my mother. My mom would read with these too, and did very well with them. I have had mixed reviews with them, and to be honest have not used them in a long while. I know of other people who read with them and also with great results. I think they do definitely make you use your intuition more too. I think the good thing with this deck is that they are not as threatening to look at by clients. so many people are generally not pleased with tarot cards, but this deck doesn't seem to raise the eyebrows. they are also small enough to put easily in your pockets/purse. Over all, I am pleased with them.

BeTo1984

Is it this one?
http://i.ebayimg.com/15/!BsknsVw!mk~$(KGrHqIOKkIEvOEh1-4hBL4,1)VMjg~~_35.JPG

Yep, those are it! :D

If you don't like the glossy, look on eBay to find an old copy. I have a Really Old copy (early 1900's) and they are not glossy and very very satiny. I didn't pay very much for it at all, and I see them there quite often.

I actually did see a deck on ebay...it's really nice, but not sure if I want to spend $35+ when I only spent about 8 on mine, lol.

I'm hoping that over time the deck will "patina" and soften with use. :)

Nice to read everyone's opinions on this deck.

Chiska

I actually did see a deck on ebay...it's really nice, but not sure if I want to spend $35+ when I only spent about 8 on mine, lol.

I'm hoping that over time the deck will "patina" and soften with use. :)

Nice to read everyone's opinions on this deck.

:bugeyed: Ouch!! I didn't even pay that much for mine!! And it is over 100 years old.

This site shows the various boxes, card backs and jokers. Mine has the red colored tree scene an box style #4. It also has the first joker style shown. It is really cool looking.

Emily

Thanks for the link, Chiska. I didn't realise that the deck was that old. The only version I'd seen was the one I have so it was interesting to see how the deck has changed over the years.

I have been using it for this last couple of days, it's a blunt little thing - the readings are starting to make more sense now, it feels and come across very old-fashioned, which now I know its age, it has everyright to, so I bear that in mind when trying to interpret the reading.

Also they've took me straight back to when I used to read playing cards LOL

The crowned one

I have one of the 100 year old ones too.I love the cards, but I have never read with them, they are just a part of my permanent collection. Perhaps I should try!