Zigeuner Wahrsage-Karten

Bumpy_Boo

:D haha epic post! They ARE flimsy, I'm thinking about getting them laminated. They're good enough cards, but if you look at them the wrong way, even, they kinda curl up and die! Very flimsy :(

There are little visual differences - like the type of cat on the falseness card, which is black. The clearest difference I have found is on the Desire card. I have to say, in the CK deck it is a gorgeous blend of purpley hues that I haven't found in the other decks I've looked at.

But it probably is a job for the other forum :)

And if you want to see how I'm getting on, I can PM you the link to my blog, I've started drawing them daily to get used to them (I can't post it here, I have a pauper's account ;) )

xx

Caristia

:D haha epic post! They ARE flimsy, I'm thinking about getting them laminated. They're good enough cards, but if you look at them the wrong way, even, they kinda curl up and die! Very flimsy :(

Lamination? Now that's an idea! I had been keeping an eye out for a Piatnik deck to put away for the day when my CK finally falls apart, but perhaps it's best to preserve what I already have. Please let me know how the lamination turns out if you decide to go that route.

There are little visual differences - like the type of cat on the falseness card, which is black.

You're a lot more observant than I am. I'll have to take a closer look. I haven't used my cards in a while.

And if you want to see how I'm getting on, I can PM you the link to my blog, I've started drawing them daily to get used to them (I can't post it here, I have a pauper's account ;) )

I found your blog! The link to your first blog is in your profile and then I got to your daily draw site from there. Nice job, BTW! I'll be reading it regularly.

Bumpy_Boo

Lamination? Now that's an idea! I had been keeping an eye out for a Piatnik deck to put away for the day when my CK finally falls apart, but perhaps it's best to preserve what I already have. Please let me know how the lamination turns out if you decide to go that route.

You're a lot more observant than I am. I'll have to take a closer look. I haven't used my cards in a while.

I found your blog! The link to your first blog is in your profile and then I got to your daily draw site from there. Nice job, BTW! I'll be reading it regularly.

Why, thank you ;) I'll certainly keep you posted - and fingers crossed they don't just melt when I try!

Caristia

I ordered a Piatnik

I just found out that the Piatnik ZW comes with a real LWB - 62 pages according to one site and 67 according to another. That's not a lot of pages to cover all 4 languages so I don't have any great hopes for a lot of detail, but at this point any guidance would be welcome. It will also be interesting to compare it to the CK as you've picked up on some differences that I hadn't.

Of course, I'm also gaining some valuable insight from your blog. :)

Bumpy_Boo

I just found out that the Piatnik ZW comes with a real LWB - 62 pages according to one site and 67 according to another. That's not a lot of pages to cover all 4 languages so I don't have any great hopes for a lot of detail, but at this point any guidance would be welcome. It will also be interesting to compare it to the CK as you've picked up on some differences that I hadn't.

Of course, I'm also gaining some valuable insight from your blog. :)

:D Glad to help! To be honest, the difficulty for me is how frustratingly vague the cards can be :( Each one can mean so many things that perhaps one in five readings don't make sense to me. Early days, though. A book would definitely be a worthwhile investment :D

Caristia

To be honest, the difficulty for me is how frustratingly vague the cards can be :( Each one can mean so many things that perhaps one in five readings don't make sense to me. Early days, though. A book would definitely be a worthwhile investment :D

I'm having the same problem. For example, I read somewhere that the "baby" card can mean, among other things, a new beginning, gossip, or literally a baby! Hopefully the LWB will shed some light on this.

I saw another book too that looked like it would be much more detailed, but I'm reluctant to order it until I have some more information. Now I have to find the right part of the forum for discussing oracle books...

BTW, if only one in five of your readings doesn't make sense, you're light years ahead of me! My first one was terrific and then they went downhill from there.

Tibor

The book I have is: Fortune Telling with Gypsy Cards by Esther Gombor. The book is quite detailed with spreads and even Tarot card associations. the website is www.gypsyfair.com where you can order the book and the cards as well.

Bumpy_Boo

I'm having the same problem. For example, I read somewhere that the "baby" card can mean, among other things, a new beginning, gossip, or literally a baby! Hopefully the LWB will shed some light on this.

I saw another book too that looked like it would be much more detailed, but I'm reluctant to order it until I have some more information. Now I have to find the right part of the forum for discussing oracle books...

BTW, if only one in five of your readings doesn't make sense, you're light years ahead of me! My first one was terrific and then they went downhill from there.

Im starting to think that, like Lenormand cards, certain combinations have specific meanings....I am compiling a list of suspects :D

Tibor: Oh my, that's great, thank you so much :)

Caristia

The book I have is: Fortune Telling with Gypsy Cards by Esther Gombor. The book is quite detailed with spreads and even Tarot card associations.

Thank you, Tibor! That's the book I've been wanting but was afraid to order because there wasn't any real contact info. on the site, just one of those online forms, and 9 times out of 10 I never get a response when I use them. But since you've obviously ordered and received the book, I just might get one too once my credit card recovers from my recent BBCats splurge. :)