The Book of The Law Study Group 3.72

Aeon418

You might find Crowley's vision of the first (30th) Enochian Aethyr to be fertile ground for speculation. http://hermetic.com/crowley/the-vision-and-the-voice/aethyr30.html
The Equinox of the Gods is compared to the apocalyptic Day of Judgement. Everything is thrown into confusion and disorder and there appear to be several links to recent BoL verses.
Tremble ye, O Pillars of the Universe, for Eternity is in travail of a Terrible Child
A possible connection to III:71? According to his notes Crowley thought so.

This passage seems to connect to the card swap and possibly the current verse:
Seal the book with the seals of the Stars Concealed: for the Rivers have rushed together and the Name הוהי is broken in a thousand pieces (against the Cubic Stone).
Commenting on this passage J. Daniel Gunther writes:
J. Daniel Gunther said:
The old Hermetic Order of the Golden taught that the large Star was Sirius, primarily because the heliacal rising of Sirius after a seventy-day period of obscuration marked the beginning of the Nile flood in Egypt, hence a relationship to Aquarius, the water-bearer. The Woman herself was said to be "Aima Elohim, pouring upon the earth the waters of creation which unite and form a River at her feet, the River going forth from the Supernal Eden which floweth and faileth not."

The River floweth and faileth not, yet it may change course. In the Vision predating the Aeon of the Child by four years, there is the foreshadowing of such an event:

"Seal the book with the seals of the Stars Concealed: for the Rivers have rushed together and the Name הוהי is broken in a thousand pieces (against the Cubic Stone)."

The "Rivers" described in this Vision are the four rivers of Eden, the branches of the River that "floweth and faileth not." According to dogmatic Qabalah of western mysticism, the River Naher was described as flowing from the Supernal Eden unto Daath where it divided into four heads, being the rivers Pison (fire) flowing into Geburah, Gihon (water) flowing into Chesed, Hiddikel (air) flowing into Tiphareth, and Phrath (earth) flowing into Malkuth. After the so-called "fall of Adam" Tetragrammaton Elohim placed the four letters הוהי between the devastated Garden and the Supernal Eden. The four rivers formed a Cross upon which the "second Adam" (Jesus) was symbolically crucified.

The rushing together of the Rivers described in the Vision and the Voice predicts the annihilation of the Cross of Suffering (the throne of the Christian Messiah) and the destruction of the Name of Jehovah which seals it's establishment. The Cubic Stone against which the name of Jehovah is broken has six sides with twelve lines and eight points, the total of which is twenty-six, the balance of the elements in the Tetragrammaton. But more than this, the Cubic Stone is the Throne of the Emperor.

The Woman of the Star pours the bright dew over herself (ה final), and into the sand of the accursed Abyss so that the river (ה Prima) gushes forth. She is thus the Anima Mundi even as she is the Lady of the Great Sea.

Is the rushing together of the Rivers related to the crushing of the universe? I don't know. But it certainly is suggestive.

The curious, almost archaic phrase "an universe" seems strange. Today I think most of us would naturally say 'a universe' or 'the universe'. But 'a-n' might signify Aleph-Nun, 51.
According to Sepher Sephiroth 51 = NA, Pain. And also AN, Failure.
Is it 'an universe' of pain and failure that is being crushed as the Rivers rush together and Heh-Prima gushes forth once more? (There's a verse in Liber LXV that comes to mind also.)

On top of that I find it curious that the verse number, 72, should be made of the two numbers/sephiroth out of which these cards/paths emanate. 7-Netzach. 2-Chokmah. It's almost like a polarity reversal.

ravenest

Boy did posts 18 and 19 ring an interior bell!

In my madness ... I extended my psychological Tree 'up' on to another sheet ( briefly the lower triad of inner planets is reflected above in a higher octave of the triad of outer planets) , I went above that and extended it into a Nuit, Hadit, RHK triad and allocated various theoretical physics ideas to some of the things I worked I worked out and those posts seem to be approaching some of that.

I will have to read these posts again while looking at my diagrams (which, along with books and other things,are still packed in tubs from moving).

When I was constructing the chart I remember having to reverse the very top 'cosmological branches' . RHK has a 'path' connecting to Nuit (empty hand ?) and one to Hadit ( a wand ? ) and a third path down towards the 'manifest' tree (another wand ? ). It seems the wand can be two wands or a 'double-ended' ... or actually 'either-ended' wand .

Aeon418

Boy did posts 18 and 19 ring an interior bell!

I'm surprised no one spotted the my minor goof in post 19. :laugh:

The usual value for Aleph spelt in full is 111.

831 is the value of Aleph using the final value for the letter Peh.
A(1) + L(30) + Ph(800).

I should have been a bit clearer on that. The post still stands though.

Aeon418

If there is a Tarot connection in verse 72 it makes more sense of verse 73. The next verse seems to appear out of nowhere. Sheets? What sheets? Verse 72 appears to provide the context for what comes next.

73 is Gimel - The Priestess, who according to tradition has the TORA-ROTA-TARO in her lap. In that case the 'sheets' could mean either the actual manuscript pages of Liber Legis, or the sheets of Nuit's book - the Tarot.

Zephyros

I've been reading the link Aeon posted about Snuffin's double wand, and it is quite interesting. I can see where he comes from in terms of the three wands and the three aeons, but I raised an eyebrow somewhat. In the beginning he says his own wand is modeled after the one on the Stele (which is strange in itself, it's hardly clear what it actually is. Is that a solar disc on top?), and then classifies that one as the Waas. So which one is it? Is it also significant that it is the "double wand of power" and not the wand of double power?

I don't know what a double wand is, but I do know what a double sword is. When Ehud ben Gera went to assassinate King Eglon of Moab (Judges 3:12-30) he fastened a sword to his thigh (insert biblical sexual reference here, we're walking, we're walking). The meaning of the biblical term used to describe the sword is having two edges (maybe most were single-edged, machete-type things?) although I was taught it had two points, but the internet says I'm wrong, so go figure. Probably unrelated, especially since the closest thing to a "double wand" I found online were simple wands, half black or red and half white.

This may even be a reference to the Egyptian crook and flail.

ETA: Or this:
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_wandshorus04.htm

ravenest

I had some of those for years, gave them away recently They are expensive to buy with a $00.00 resale value :) . They were gift sets from the producer in Russia I got years ago in exchange for some 'research' I did for them.

Russia seems to abound in ... 'alternate technology stuff' these guys and their pyramid building (around oil wells ) inceases the oil flow ... or something ....

other areas of interest in Russia are; ancient machines found millions of years old petrified in rocks .... hmmm, looks just like crinoid fossils to me. Also they are excavating a giant pyramid in Georgia … oh, they just found another one while I write - and found by the same guy that found the first one - how lucky can you get . As they started excavating the mountain …. sorry … pyramid , they cut into it in step shapes …. Years later they say; look ! It’s a step pyramid :rolleyes:

Here is another type of double wand … with interesting ‘powers’ ;

http://www.thelaratouch.com/wp-content/uploads/tuningForks.jpg

Aeon418

I can see where he comes from in terms of the three wands and the three aeons, but I raised an eyebrow somewhat.
Me too. I suspect much of the article is just Snuffin's personal homebrew speculation. Take it or leave it.

Is it also significant that it is the "double wand of power" and not the wand of double power?
I'm not sure. It seems to be part-and-parcel with the strange 'loopy' quality of this verse. I still keep thinking about the shape of the number 8 (lemniscate) in relation to it.

Then I'm thinking 8 is Cheth - 418 - ABRAHADABRA - The Word of Double Power.

But then there's also the earlier referrence to 'double-wanded one' in III:34. The one who will take the throne after Horus. This is generally thought to be Maat. Crowley's commentary on this verse mentions the interrelationship between Atu XI and VIII. Force and Fire preparing the way for Justice.
If Heru-Ra-Ha is the Lord of the Double Wand, maybe Maat is the Double Wand at a later stage. But a stage that no longer requires an intermediary Lord(HGA).

ravenest

In that case her wand(s) may relate to Chesed and Geburah ?

" Remember that unbalanced force is evil; that unbalanced severity is but cruelty and oppression; but that also unbalanced mercy is but weakness which would allow and abet Evil."

Aeon418

In that case her wand(s) may relate to Chesed and Geburah ?

" Remember that unbalanced force is evil; that unbalanced severity is but cruelty and oppression; but that also unbalanced mercy is but weakness which would allow and abet Evil."

Possibly. Or it might be the necessary conditions required for Horus to vacate the throne. III:34 calls him Hrumachis at that point - Horus (or Lord) of the Horizon. That suggests that balance has been achieved.

ravenest

Yes and that is interesting as we have the two wands (or 2 crowns ) representing 2 main powers of the king i.e. the two lands of Egypt north and south.

But Horus of the Horizon ... or the two horizons - or Horus of the East and West is east/ west.

One is Lord of the two terrestrial lands and the other Lord of the two celestial lands.

Both form a cross.

Egypt is fairly unique in that it has its main river running north south (most large rivers don't do that as markedly as the Nile); its source (hence source of life) is in the south, as is the Sun, and the Sea it flows into is in the North. The east west path of the Sun is, of course, common to cultures and peoples.