The Book of The Law Study Group 3.75

ravenest

O M G !

We made it to the end ? ? ?

Now it's time for the 'Centre of Pestilence ' party - I suggest at Grigori's place !

Grigori

We're not done yet

I like this verse, it's clever :D

Ending of the words with the Word 'ABRAHADABRA'. 5 vowels and 6 consonants is the union of man (5) with god (6) of the great work. It also reminds me of the Chariot card where the word appears across the canopy. At first I was thinking 'it's kind of silly to say the ending of the words is 'abrahadabra' and then have more words after that :laugh: I liked the explanation in one of the commentaries that 'Ha' is Heh (5) plus Aleph (1), and so again 5=6. Nifty :D And a reminder along with the 'concealment' of more than a literal interpretation of the text.

ravenest

First labour and then refreshment.

The 'post script' seems to affirm, yet again , that there is meaning beyond the 'mere writing' and the Book is concealed ... (within this ?)

Then the last two words ?

A U M ( I A O ? ) and HA ( Crowley's ! principle ? ) ... another version of A U M GN ?

- the HA being used like Pa (in Tibetan Buddhism * ) - which has obvious similarity to Hebrew pe of the Tower ?

Unless Hebrew has a HA sound ? Or ... Tibetan also has a HA - but I dont know the meaning of that one. (maybe zhan.thay can elighten us on HA ? )

* At a mediation I was attending the Lama exploded a PE! noise to 'awaken' those that were 'sleeping, not meditating' , then said those that were sitting there in shock (from the yell) were now awake and aware.

Zephyros

In some way I can't explain, this verse seems to mirror the first. The first word of the Book is Had, here it is Ha. Now, Ha could be simply Heh, going back to the "behold!" of the previous verse. Ha could also be Heh Aleph (in a way, הא is both six and five). It's a good sendoff, in any case.

On an unrelated note, did Aiwass dictate the ampersands that appear throughout the book? Or did he just say "and" and Crowley wrote shorthand? They affect the numbering, so it does make a difference.

Aeon418

Abrahadabra! The ending of the words and the completion of the Great Work.

That seems to fit nicely with the general tone of 'winding down' that has been evident in the last few verses. After the Speech there is the inevitable return to Silence.

Verse 75:
NVIT - transliteration of Nuit. The return to the silence of 0.

LILH - Night.

KIMH - The Pleiades. The seven daughters of Atlas and Pleione who were turned into Stars. In a way that ties in to the nature of Liber Legis and it's function of revealing the Starry nature of mankind.

HILL - Brightness; morning star; Lucifer.

Total verse 220:
The value of Resh-Kaph. R.C. - Rosy Cross.

BChIR - The Chosen, the Elect.

The Book of the Law is Written and Concealed. This seems to mirror the first two chapters in that it is both Manifested and Hidden. The third chapter is the Child of this union.
The 80 letters in this verse may indicate that the Book is KLL (Kalal), Complete. But it also contains the hidden Yod-SVD, the Secret seed.

III x 75 = 225 - παιδίον, Paidion; Child.

Crowley said that the word AUM should transliterated Aleph, Ayin, Mem. AOM = 111. Multiplied by HA (6) it is 666. The signature of the Beast.

If you use the final value for Mem then AOM is equal to 671 - ThROA, the Gate. The end is merely the beginning?
http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib10.html

AOM HA via Tarot is very curious.
Using the traditional numeration it totals 31 - LA, Not. (0+XV+XII+IV+0=31)

But with the swap it is 44, the sacred number of Horus. (0+XV+XII+XVII+0=44)

Aeon418

On an unrelated note, did Aiwass dictate the ampersands that appear throughout the book? Or did he just say "and" and Crowley wrote shorthand? They affect the numbering, so it does make a difference.

I don't know how Aiwass could have dictated the ampersands, unless he were guiding Crowley's hand as he wrote. But the book does specifically say that the way Crowley wrote the text is important. Whether that applies to the ampersands I don't know. But IMO if one occurs in the manuscript it should be reproduced in printed versions as well.

RLG

Dwtw

The original ms. has no verse numbers in chapter one, and all the verse and page numbers were written in pencil, after the dictation. This absence of verse numbers in manuscript means that the total of all the numbers written on the sheets of the Holograph manuscript is 8041 = 11 x 731.

Chapter / Page Numbers / Verse Numbers / Other Numbers
1 --- 253 ------- 0 --- 11
2 --- 253 --- 3160 --- 4, 418, 143
3 --- 231 --- 2850 --- 718
Sum 737 --- 6010 --- 1294 = 8041

If the code-numbers of verse II:76 are excluded, then the total is 7898 = 11 x 718. The numbers 11 and 718 are two of the four numbers that appear in the text, in chapter 1 and chapter 3 respectively. The number 718 is rather unusual, and its appearance here is surely not a coincidence.

Although it may seem arbitrary to exclude the numbers found in the Cipher, (which sum to 143), an arcanum is revealed when this is done. By removing the code-numbers from consideration we can split the written numbers of the text into two groups, (both of which are multiples of 11):

The page numbers, which are incidental to the text of Liber CCXX, equal
253 + 253 + 231 = 737, which is 11 x 67.
The verse-numbers and the other four numbers, which are all critical to the text of Liber CCXX, equal
3160 + 2850 + 11 + 4 + 418 + 718 = 7161, which is 11 x 651, or 77 x 93.

Using the Trigrammaton gematria: Written = 77, Concealed = 93.

These words both appear capitalized in the finale of the Book:
The Book of the Law is Written and Concealed. Aum. Ha.

So the verse numbers and textual numbers written on the Holograph pages contain a disguised reference to the fact that The Book of the Law is both Written and Concealed, that its message is in both the plain English of the text as well as in cryptic and hidden meanings discovered by various qabalistic methods.

And the 143 that we subtracted from the numbers on the sheets?
That's the gematria value of the title, also found in the finale:

143 = The Book of the Law

Litlluw
RLG