Forest Folklore 9 of Cups

Dark Crystal

I really love this card. I did a reading last week and this came out as an outcome card. It was the 1st time it has come up in a reading for me. I saw the older woman has holding colored easter eggs in a basket on her lap!

That made me think of finding hidden treasures or surprises, also what popped into my head was the saying" don't put all your eggs in one basket"! In my case I had put all my eggs in a basket, but this card made me feel that doing this was a very good thing in regards to this card.

Like put all your treasures in one basket and keep them close and your wish will come true :)

rcb30872

:laugh: I thought that it was a bowl of fruit ;)

Which automatically makes me think of enjoying the fruits of your labour.

Quite apt, since she is an elderly lady, in my opinion, you know, done the working, done the child rearing, and all of that, and know she can sit back and enjoy it all, perhaps. Since she is elderly, then it might indicate that it is the time for her children, who would no longer would be children, would now look after her, as she had once looked after them. Maybe, just thinking out aloud :laugh:

Rede Seeker

Age Diversity

The Age Diversity in this deck is delightful.

The Elder-Woman seems lost in thought gazing happily at the fruits of her labor. Her life has been full.

She is worth studying: her hair is nicely done; her complexion is clear and bright; her dress is simple but elegant and artifully draped about her; how risque' for a woman of her age - both shoulders are bared - she is confident. She sits on a rocky bank with her feet in a clear stream. Behind her is a soft mottled green-blueness - an indistinct past perhaps our Elder lives in the present. The past is there if she wants to visit it, but she is in the here and now with both feet dipped into the stream of life.

Her basket fills her lap. An odd thing about it - the basket is cone-shaped. Is it a stylized cornucopia? The bottom fills with just a little, but the volume grows geometrically.

What a wonderful image of comfort and fulfilled wishes.

Dark Crystal

Rede Seeker said:
What a wonderful image of comfort and fulfilled wishes.

O I love how you put that! It IS an image of comfort, simple joys and a life filled with love.

scorpioleah

rcb30872 said:
:laugh: I thought that it was a bowl of fruit ;)

Which automatically makes me think of enjoying the fruits of your labour.

Quite apt, since she is an elderly lady, in my opinion, you know, done the working, done the child rearing, and all of that, and know she can sit back and enjoy it all, perhaps. Since she is elderly, then it might indicate that it is the time for her children, who would no longer would be children, would now look after her, as she had once looked after them. Maybe, just thinking out aloud :laugh:

I agree with you on this one
As she is elder and holding fruit "fruits of your labour" comes into mind. Also she looks happy so she is now reaping the rewards. Also with nine cups behind her i feel it shows shes had much emotional issues or things happening to her in the past and that is why the cups are placed behind her.