Forest Folklore - Eight of Cups

rcb30872

I just see that the woman is looking into a bowl that is bgger than the other seven. Not sure how to view this, maybe looking at the bigger picture, looking at the one thing that really matters, and foregoing the other little things, the distractions, as it were. Focussing on self, doing what is the most important for your emotional wellbeing, perhaps.

Rede Seeker

Clear glass in water?

I get a 'Yikes' response when I see so much crystal clear glass in the water. Glass becomes transparent in water and that creates a potentially dangerous situation if you are not vigilent. The foot and stem of the glassware is hidden beneath the waterline - what is the foundation on which these cups stand? Are they floating or sitting on some underwater ledge?

The lady is wearing a bracelet on her right wrist - was she bound at one time like the traditional Queen of Swords? Did she free herself from some constricting situation so she could sit/stand in clear water surrounded by clear glassware?

I notice her nipples are the darkened color that comes with Motherhood. The glasses could represent her children; the larger one that she is gazing into could be a new child forming within her. From her position in the water, we can't tell what she looks like below her breasts.

I rede this card two ways: one is that she is so occupied with what she is holding, that she doesn't see the danger coming towards her; the other is that the seven cups in the foreground are waiting their turn for her attention - the time she spends with the one, she will spend with the others. The 'big picture' item is most important now - but do the seven that wait understand that?

scorpioleah

i have always looked at this card as if the 8 cups infront of her are her future emotions. She has a bowl that she is scrying into, trying to see her future or to find her inner self