Halloween Lenormand

MoonGypsy

tarotmama said:
I talked to two different printers today and I think I could get decks by Oct. 1 if I finish the artwork to send them by Aug. 15. Which will be pretty crazy, but maybe possible?

We'll see! I'm plugging away though.

Oh My!!!! i am really getting excited....

In honor of all your creative hard work, Melissa, i am going to share with you one of my deepest darkest secrets.........

Here it comes....i have a huge collection of Halloween socks, and i wear them most every single day!!!:p True! :laugh:

thorhammer

tarotmama said:
Honestly, I expected people to say, "Oh gee, another Lenormand. Yawn." So I'm quite tickled that you all like it.
Um . . . right. You have been paying attention to the prevailing culture of AT, haven't you? LOL "More more more!"?

I do like the demented images so very much :) It's very unsettling and yet cutesy all at the same time. Very cool.

\m/ Kat

Gerbear

Very nice !! Put me down for one as my introduction to Lenormands

tarotmama

I'm taking a lot of liberties with this deck... because it's themed. Bats are birds and the stork is now a vulture.

I have some extra ideas I'm thinking of working in, so I may add the 2's to the pack (2 of diamonds, hearts, spades and clubs).

I need a good name for the deck. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• child.jpg
    child.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 171
  • stork.jpg
    stork.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 166

Vesper

I like the working title, Halloween Lenormand.

But maybe "All Saint's Eve Lenormand?"

Or, if you couldn't get it done in time for this Halloween, you could shoot for May Day, and call it the Walpurgisnacht.

"In Germany, Walpurgisnacht, the night from April 30 to May 1, is the night when witches are reputed to hold a large celebration on the Blocksberg and await the arrival of spring."

(from Wikipedia)

tarotmama

evelone said:
I like the working title, Halloween Lenormand.

I actually regret using the word "Lenormand" in the title of my first deck though because it's intimidating and I know many people *didn't* buy it because while they can do tarot and oracles, Lenormand is a beast they don't *think* they can tackle. They have a bad rep.

So I don't mind using the words "Deck, Oracle, Cards, etc.," but I'd like to avoid another Lenormand (even though that's basically what it is).

Vesper

Oracle Lemuria? Lemuralia?

"The origin of the festival of All Saints celebrated in the West dates to May 13, 609 or 610, when Pope Boniface IV consecrated the Pantheon at Rome to the Blessed Virgin and all the martyrs; the feast of the dedicatio Sanctae Mariae ad Martyres has been celebrated at Rome ever since. The chosen day, May 13, was a pagan observation of great antiquity, the culmination of three days of the Feast of the Lemures, in which the malevolent and restless spirits of the dead were propitiated. Liturgiologists of the Middle Ages based the idea that this Lemuria festival was the origin of that of All Saints on their identical dates and on the similar theme of "all the dead".[2]

(also from wikipedia)

ETA: It's quite fascinating... the Halloween tradition goes back to the Romans, perhaps further...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemuria_(festival)

HearthCricket

The Spirit of Samhain Oracle
The Samhain Lenormand
The Witching Hour Oracle
Trick or Treat Cards
Night of Hauntings Deck
Hallowed Memories Oracle
All Hallowed Night Oracle
The Hallowed Lenormand

Lela

With each new image being posted, I'm getting more and more excited about the possibility of one day possessing this beautiful deck. :heart:

As far as what to name it, I like the title of Halloween Lenormad, especially since I really like reading with the Lenormand in general, but if not Lenormand, than what about something like The Halloween Oracle Or the All Hallows Oracle?

AJ

I like All Hallows Oracle.

Did I miss something, why do the cards have suit names, is it working toward a full tarot deck? they are confusing the heck out of me as an oracle.