Communicating with a departed loved one?

the_surfacer

When I wanted to check in with a recently departed friend, I went to a place with a connection to him (he was British, so I went to a nearby park that flies a British flag) and sat there meditating for a little while while I shuffled the deck. Then I asked a question and simply cut the deck and looked at the card on the bottom of the stack in my right hand.

It's perhaps too simple a method, but I got very illuminating and reassuring results with it, and I definitely felt better for having done it. Hope this helps!

bdavis

I feel SongDeva is right. I plan to try this spread to talk to my Mother who pasted 13 yrs ago. Like me some people can not remember alot of dreams//only very intense ones. So I will let you know how it goes..Blessings

sevenchild

The first card

I think the first card can also be "What the spirit sees when they are watching you". In a sense, it's their understanding of the issue.

I drew the most amazing set of cards today as I tried this spread. Earlier this year, I flew overseas for work for a company which the recruiter made sound fantastic. I flew back only a few weeks later when I found they had lied and cheated to me, and all others who worked there. They were unprofessional, conniving and were being bombarded with lawsuits for abusing their employees. It was a really damning start to the year, and i've been struggling to pick myself up ever since.

Everytime I flipped a card during this reading, I cried. I felt completely understood, and like there WAS a spirit looking after me.

My reading:
1. 7 Pents
2. 6 Swords, Rx
3. 4 Cups, Rx
4. The Chariot
5. Ace Pents

I used Rider Waite. Thankyou for posting this spread. You've given me the courage to go on.

Razordance

I'm just curious... I've seen the discussions about bothering the dead, but does anyone have any opinions about whether it's acceptable to try to communicate with a loved one who in life would have been morally opposed to the use of tarot?

Atcandela

That's entirely up to how their relationship was with that person.
I think you will find out at the time of the reading ..

I've done 2 readings with my recently departed familiar and he
spoke volumes to me!
I almost fell off my chair when I did the readings!!

~A~

I'm just curious... I've seen the discussions about bothering the dead, but does anyone have any opinions about whether it's acceptable to try to communicate with a loved one who in life would have been morally opposed to the use of tarot?

Little Hare

Thanks for the link. It was beautiful to read. also sad and heartbreaking

Moongold said:
Greetings Orion.

This article on Tarot Passages is about a man's contact with his deceased father and might be worth looking at.

I found it quite sensitive:

http://www.tarotpassages.com/Letter-MM.htm

Sometimes I have a simply done a thre card spread and asked some loved ones what I neded to know.

The Tarot Passages article is much more extensive.

My best wishes,

Moongold

Little Hare

Song Deva
its great to meet a medium on here:D Merry meet. I'm developing my claireaudient and clairesentence skills. I always love meeting and chatting to mediums

xoxoxo

SongDeva said:
Spirits communicate with us in lots of ways. What might hinder growth on either part is to not let go fully, constantly pine for someone and wish they were back in physical form, from my experience.

However, communication with those on the other side is a beautiful thing, and they study how to do it just like we do.

I'm a medium myself, constantly learning, and communication of this sort is a beautiful thing. I believe that we are eternal...that earth isn't our first "gig." lol We communicate with people we left behind, people who's left the physical plane, guides, you name it.

I'm not gonna say much more, because this is a thread asking for a spread, after all. ;)

manmer15

Hi, I have a question.

Is it possible to contact a specific loved one? And, if three-card spreads are the easiest, what particular spread should I use (past, present, future---mind, body, soul etc)? Oh, and I apologize for the bump. I just thought this would be better than making a new thread about the same question.

Dancing Bear

I would use the spread posted,Or just deal however many cards you feel at the time and ask the questions you want at the time... Intuitively does it ;)
.... and i cant see why you can't connect to a specific passed over loved one,, just have them in mind whilst shuffling and dealing.. If they do not come through then it wasnt meant to be and a more pressing message was needed to come accross..
be sure to protect and ground yourself before you commense.. and you should be fine...

Virgo26

Oh boy...

The first card I lay out for the reading about who the spirit is and I get 'The Devil' ...