Next Spiritual Step Spread

Strength

Strength said:
can i just ask a very stupid, typical beginners question??

what is the use of the different positions of the cards for each spread?? this one is shaped in a pyramide, others in a square, or as a cross.........

can anyone explain to me the meaning of the different positions ?

I realise its a silly question, but i sure would like an answer to it!?

Moonbow

If I am right, I think you are asking two questions Strength:

Firstly, why is there a position meaning.

Secondly, why is the spread in a particular shape.

Not all spreads have position meanings. I particularly like to use spreads with no meanings and read the cards as a type of story, and without necessarily reading them in order. So in a three card reading I may read the middle card first... or whatever strikes me at the time.

The position meanings are there to give a more pinpointed aspect to the question. So for a "Past, Present, Future" spead the first card would represent the Past etc.

To answer the second part. I don't see the shape as important, only that it may help the reader to remember the positions and may look good for the client.

If anyone else has other views, I'm all ears.

Moonbow*

PS. Its not a silly question. Asking questions is the way we all learn. Sometimes it just takes a while for a response to come along, most of the time it does though.

Keep asking. :)

MinstrelPriestess

Yays

Thank you to you both! this is a really good spread!
-MiPr

betille

I'm going to have to try this one for SURE! :)

Abigayle

I am going to try this. It will be what my next step should or will be with my relationship. Thanks!

littlethings

Thank you for bumping this.....I love it! :)

Lunalyn

thank you for this spread.
I'm going to try it.
lyn

dare2

Nice looking spread. I think this is going to provide lots of food for thought and meditation.

Angie9

bright light bulb moment

I just completed this spread and was amazed at the depth of the answer I received. One of the best spreads I've done for myself in a very long time. I think it was a perfect coming together of the right question at the right moment with the much needed message that I was available to hear. Don't you just love it when that happens??

Eyebright

wow

I have just done this spread for myself and got some interesting results! This is a very powerful spread and I'm getting alot out of the cards.

Thank you very much for sharing this spread :)

Eyebright