Card 42 - Myk the Myomancer

Jewel

This is one of the most peaceful cards in the deck. Myk seems so content observing and contemplating, his little mice friends hidding in the shrubs behind him. He knows they are they because he is observant and very connected to the environment, but he likes to let them think they are still hidden. When I get this card, I know it will be a peaceful day, where I will be able to appreciate the smallest detail of my surroundings, and those around me. It is a day to observe and see the messages being offered around me. A day to learn and appreciate. It is a day to be thankful for the beauty around me, and a time to still the mind and give into the senses.

He also reminds me of Father Time for some reason.

greenbeans

Yes! I think mouse-watching Myk is like us Oracle and Tarot readers, as we go throught the decks and pick up on every litle detail, investigating the smallest thing to find significance and meaning. One question is, do the answers we come up with come from ourselves, as with an inkblot, or from the connectedness of even small things (like the affairs of mice and men!) Or both??

This card feels so friendly and familiar, like a crinkly well-read book or a much walked footpath.

Jewel

greenbeans said:
One question is, do the answers we come up with come from ourselves, as with an inkblot, or from the connectedness of even small things (like the affairs of mice and men!) Or both??
I do believe they come from both. Much of how we read comes from who we are, what we know, what our experiences have been, and what we observe. But I know that particularly with this deck, things sometimes come straight from the Faeries themselves, as I have done readings where there was no way that any of the things I mentioned above applied. The message was personal and for the querent, and they then explained to me what it was and my mouth just dropped to the floor. This has happend on way more than one occassion.

Of mice and men indeed!

qwaychou

I too sense he knows where his mouse friends are hiding but is denying any evidence, much to the little creatures delight.
I see he has large ears to listen carefully and his eyes are bright to observe.
I'm sorry I don't have any more for this one.