The Moon Rx as mental illness or lunacy ?

nisaba

Well we will never know what is true or not, that's just where my mind goes. Also somebody else mentioned possible schizophrenia & about The Moon not thinking clearly. That could indicate possible delusion/psychosis which is part of schizophrenia. Going along with what I said about the mysterious "hidden side" you don't really know what's going on in their mind.
I would lean more towards Bipolar if there were also more positive cards also to signify more of the depression/mania.
Again, I would steer clear of leaning to or away from any particular diagnosis unless you are medically qualified to do so and have met the patient in person. All Tarot can really tell you, is that a particular individual might be in need of professional help.

novenovembre

Well, I guess it would be difficult to say if he has dissociative identity disorder. Besides, illnesses do come combined in some people so only a psychiatrist could come up with a good diagnosis. I do know though, because my dad was bipolar, that BD is treatable. The clear signs are excessive energy with bouts of depression, suicide thoughts and often sleep disturbance.

Yes, well like I said, I do not have the presumption to make a precise diagnosis, as I'm not a psychiatrist nor am I qualified in any way, just maybe trying to understand if the Moon rx could be an indicator of a deeper problem than just feeling confused or insecure....

novenovembre

Again, I would steer clear of leaning to or away from any particular diagnosis unless you are medically qualified to do so and have met the patient in person. All Tarot can really tell you, is that a particular individual might be in need of professional help.

That's exactly what I was getting at...

novenovembre

And I guess my question also was this : could the Moon be one of the cards that point to a deeper problem, such as obsessive, compilsive behaviour, just like other cards-which I don't think I'm allowed to mention here- could mean depression or other things...? That's as far as I want to take it....certainlt not venturing in a definition of WHAT KIND of medical condition...

FlyingPenguin

I agree but I can't help but hypothesize. I would absolutely never tell someone that I think somebody has a specific disorder based on cards. But is it wrong to ponder the possibilities? I have actually dealt with seriously mentally ill people in my life and I am only using my personal experience to brainstorm what the cards could represent. Again I would absolutely agree that we aren't in the right place to diagnose, but I don't see the harm in discussing possibilities. I may have gotten a little carried away but my mind goes to many places. Anyways those were just my thoughts based on what I think of the cards :)

novenovembre

I agree but I can't help but hypothesize. I would absolutely never tell someone that I think somebody has a specific disorder based on cards. But is it wrong to ponder the possibilities? I have actually dealt with seriously mentally ill people in my life and I am only using my personal experience to brainstorm what the cards could represent. Again I would absolutely agree that we aren't in the right place to diagnose, but I don't see the harm in discussing possibilities. I may have gotten a little carried away but my mind goes to many places. Anyways those were just my thoughts based on what I think of the cards :)

I think that, if there is a time and place where we can and should be free to hypothezize, it's here....we're not in front of the querent, and it can only be useful...