TdM Exchange March 2012 sign up thread

jhernandez

Signing up

Hello guys, I would like to know a bit more about signing up for this community? Is there someone who can explain how the process works a bit more? I would like to join, but I am beginning my journey with the TdM and I love it, so I do not have the experience most of you do. Is there a guideline or requirements to join? Thanks guys

le_charior

Hello guys, I would like to know a bit more about signing up for this community? Is there someone who can explain how the process works a bit more? I would like to join, but I am beginning my journey with the TdM and I love it, so I do not have the experience most of you do. Is there a guideline or requirements to join? Thanks guys

Hello jhernandez!

Welcome to the TdM exchange (if you decide to join in! :))

As for all other reading exchanges, the TdM exchange falls under the general Guidelines for reading circles. I tried to cover everything else in the sign up thread in post 1 of this thread, but here is how it works in general. (sorry if you know all this already, but i wasn't sure how familiar you are with reading exchanges overall, so I kept it very general)

Basically you only sign up for this month, there are no further commitments to make. If you decide to sign up, I will assign a reading partner for you (I usually use the cards to assign partners). Then you open a new thread with your partner and do a reading for each other. If you use the same spread or any specific deck is up to you and your reading partner to decide together. Then you give feedback, the more detailled, the better. Ideally there is a discussion starting with back and forths of feedback, but that depends of course.

In my understanding of this exchange it is not necessary to have a lot of experience with the Marseille decks or the historic decks, the exchange is where you can try and experiment to learn. You still should have a basic idea how you want to read with them, especially the pips, but there are a lot of ressources here on this forum to get started. If you are willing to invest some time in the exchange, try your best with the reading and especially with writing it down and communicating with your partner (also on their reading for you), that's all you need! Even if you have problems with how to read a certain combination of cards, just give it a try and most likely you will get feedback that'll help you.

If you liked it, you can sign up again the next month (in this case you might want to put your name on the PM notification list for the TdM exchange.

To get an idea how the exchanges worked in the past, check out the sign up threads for the last months (in the historic section as well, you should find them rather easily) - there are links to the reading threads in them. Very interesting to read through them, and it will give you an impression how people here read in very different, but all equally valuable styles.

Let me know, also by PM if you prefer, if you have any further question!

jhernandez

Hello jhernandez!

Welcome to the TdM exchange (if you decide to join in! :))

As for all other reading exchanges, the TdM exchange falls under the general Guidelines for reading circles. I tried to cover everything else in the sign up thread in post 1 of this thread, but here is how it works in general. (sorry if you know all this already, but i wasn't sure how familiar you are with reading exchanges overall, so I kept it very general)

Basically you only sign up for this month, there are no further commitments to make. If you decide to sign up, I will assign a reading partner for you (I usually use the cards to assign partners). Then you open a new thread with your partner and do a reading for each other. If you use the same spread or any specific deck is up to you and your reading partner to decide together. Then you give feedback, the more detailled, the better. Ideally there is a discussion starting with back and forths of feedback, but that depends of course.

In my understanding of this exchange it is not necessary to have a lot of experience with the Marseille decks or the historic decks, the exchange is where you can try and experiment to learn. You still should have a basic idea how you want to read with them, especially the pips, but there are a lot of ressources here on this forum to get started. If you are willing to invest some time in the exchange, try your best with the reading and especially with writing it down and communicating with your partner (also on their reading for you), that's all you need! Even if you have problems with how to read a certain combination of cards, just give it a try and most likely you will get feedback that'll help you.

If you liked it, you can sign up again the next month (in this case you might want to put your name on the PM notification list for the TdM exchange.

To get an idea how the exchanges worked in the past, check out the sign up threads for the last months (in the historic section as well, you should find them rather easily) - there are links to the reading threads in them. Very interesting to read through them, and it will give you an impression how people here read in very different, but all equally valuable styles.

Let me know, also by PM if you prefer, if you have any further question!

Le Chariot:
Thank you very much for the explanation. It sound like a great place to learn from each other. If it is not too late to join then I wold like to join for this month, if it is too late its ok no problem. I can wait for next month. Thanks again

le_charior

not too late, you're in :) welcome!

I will assign reading partners tomorrow, Monday!

jhernandez

Sweet! Thank you.

le_charior

Hello!

Using the zodiac and element cards and last two trumps of my Minchiate deck, I assigned the reading partners as follows:

Sulis + Sherryl
l'appeso + Flaxen
firefrost + jhernandez
DavidLee + PrincessPaulina
porcupines + Est
Flavio + Lumen
nisaba + Polyhymnia
le_charior + Herzog
afrosaxon + moonbear

Please start a new thread for your exchange in Reading Circles and post a link here.

Thanks, and enjoy the exchange!

lc

afrosaxon

Afrosaxon and moonbeam are here.