Licorice Allsorts and Chocolate Freckles Oracle Pieces for Sabian Symbols ...

Elven

No they're not real - they're fake, made from polymere clay :)

LOL - I made these recently, and they are a work in progress, but here are my Sweet Sabian Symbols ...
There are 30 chocolate Freckles, each is numbered (1-30) and theres one spare that has a star on it.
And there are 12 Licorice Allsorts each which has an Astrological Symbol on their base.

There are more sweets to come ... in different varieties
I'll keep you posted ...
I have also made some Funky 60's psycadelic discs as well - they're waiting for their numbers to go onto them.

:D

Attachments

• Licorice Allsorts and Chocolate Freckles Oracle Pieces for the Sabian Symbols by Deleece.jpg
    Licorice Allsorts and Chocolate Freckles Oracle Pieces for the Sabian Symbols by Deleece.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 255

AJ

Those are wonderful! I've been thinking about the glass discs, but they seem far too boring. The Sabian's seem to need something with spark and life. What a great slant you've chosen. Keep updating, maybe my brain will finally kick into gear. Those red and yellow slips of paper are the weak link in the system, there is no joy in using them.

Elven

Hi AJ :)

I have a couple of set of picture cards, and I know purple_scorp did a set of Sabians for her Orphalese as well.
I like the idea of doing a set of American photos from 1900 - about the time that Elsie Wheeler brought the Symbols 'down' into reality - I also like the pictures Lynda Hill uses to go with her blog when she's writing about Symbols - they always seem to spark something about the Symbol I might not have thought about - they're a nice focus.

Thanks for looking AJ :)

Cheers
Elven x

cardlady22

Awesome idea for the polymer clay!

*the Ultimate Dream*
someone who's willing to put 360 pieces of art together for a deck
(Orphalese or real life)

Elven

Thanks cardlady22 :laugh:

Yep a big job 360 cards - and they thought the TeaLeaf Oracle was large :laugh:

Cheers
Elven x

lunakasha

Elven said:
Thanks cardlady22 :laugh:

Yep a big job 360 cards - and they thought the TeaLeaf Oracle was large :laugh:

Cheers
Elven x

Just wanted to mention that I've decided to make my own set of numbered cards to use with the Sabian Symbols book, because I don't care much for the flimsy paper cards that come with it.

However....I am ONLY writing the numbers on small (2") squares of cardstock, and you would not believe how long it takes just to write numbers on 360 pieces of paper! :eek: It's fun though....I've got another 130 to go, and my Sharpie is starting to fade out on me now.

I love the book, and I'm excited to work with it again, thanks to ((((cardlady)))) :heart:

:) Luna

ETA: Elven~ I just saw your Sweet Symbols....they are GORGEOUS!!! Wow!

Little Hare

Elven, these are great!!!!! Why you don't have more resposes I don't know, these are great!!! Mmmm lollies

Zelmira

Elven:
What a great idea! I love it, but I do not know how to work with polymere clay. I am using a set of crystal stones, the ones that are used for decoration. I just did 30 of one color or texture and 12 of another. I like it better that the cards.
Also for people who are interested in illustrations, you can find all 360 symbols illustrated in this blog:

http://sabian-symbols.blogspot.com/

Peace,
Zelmira

rachelcat

Those look so YUMMY! Too bad they're clay. But then they'll probably last longer that way!

I'm boring compared to this: I use LS Astrological Oracle (art nouveau) cards and the cute little Flower Wisdom deck that cards numbered 1 to 32. (Leaving out 31 and 32, of course!)

I really like the illustrations on the blog. Most of them are charmingly literal. And the ones that aren't are inspired, too.

Maybe we should all do that as a study group! Assemble 360 photos. (But I don't think we could beat the "flag turning into an eagle" on that blog!)

AJ

Thank you for sharing that blog, what a fun thing to collect. No expense, no calories, no space taking up :)

I probably would buy a deck of 360 images, deck slut that I am, and oracularly inclined...