Licorice Allsorts and Chocolate Freckles Oracle Pieces for Sabian Symbols ...

Chronata

oh Elven! Those are sooooo much fun! I really love the idea...and they really look good enough to eat!

What a whimsical and yummy way to use the Sabian Symbols!

I made little glass stones with painted numbers. I was intending on doing all 360 of them, but realized I didn't have to!

lunakasha

Chronata said:
oh Elven! Those are sooooo much fun! I really love the idea...and they really look good enough to eat!

What a whimsical and yummy way to use the Sabian Symbols!

I made little glass stones with painted numbers. I was intending on doing all 360 of them, but realized I didn't have to!

I'm thinking I might try making a set with glass stones. Is there a specific type of paint or paint marker that works well on glass?

Thanks in advance to Chronata and/or anyone else who can help!

:D Luna

Chronata

sure Luna! Go to the little bottle paint section of the craft store and look for any of these products...

Apple Barrel Indoor/outdoor GLOSS
Folkart Enamels
Liquitex Glossies
Pebeo Vitrea(which is transparent/frosted and comes in pen form too)

They can all be cured in an oven to make them permanent, and you can always add an extra coat of clear varnish afterwards.

lunakasha

Chronata said:
sure Luna! Go to the little bottle paint section of the craft store and look for any of these products...

Apple Barrel Indoor/outdoor GLOSS
Folkart Enamels
Liquitex Glossies
Pebeo Vitrea(which is transparent/frosted and comes in pen form too)

They can all be cured in an oven to make them permanent, and you can always add an extra coat of clear varnish afterwards.

Awesome~ thank you so much, Chronata....I knew I could count on you! :*

I know I'll be more likely to work with the Sabian Symbols when I have something pretty and shiny to work with. I agree with the majority who mentioned that the included cards are uninspired and just....bleh. :eek:

:) Luna

silverwings94

Hey Elven,
Our dear Chronata made me a beautiful set of Sabian Symbols on small glass stones last year. She painted one color stones with the numbers 1-31 and the other stones she painted the Zodiac signs.
They are so beautiful and very accurate in readings.
Thank you again Chronata for making these for me.
Kat

Elven

Hi everyone :)

I should really read my own threads! :laugh:
Im sorry for being so slack ..

Little Hare: Thanks so much! You're the reason I put the thread up - I thought they were fun too :D

Zelmira: Thanks for the webblog link. I think the blogger is also one of Lyndas twitter followers - he had some great pics there for the symbols - I loved the big business meeting pic - that was funny :D

rachelcat: You're set of Symbols sound fantastic. What a great idea. I like mixing cards and playing around, and there are some great astrological cards to use. Thanks for joing in :D

AJ :laugh: Ok deck slut :laugh: - we'll find 360 cards for you to go crazy with ... and no calories ;)

Chronata: I love your painted stones - some of my most precious oracles come from you! Love your work. Thanks :thimbsup: Thanks for posting the craft supplies. I ususally have to order them online now as we lost our craft shop :(

lunakasha: I have engraved stones and painted in the etched area - just another idea, or for the Astrological symbols you can glue a beautiful little picture to the underneath of the stone and coat them so you can see the picture through the glass - then coat the stone with an epoxy so it looks like glass or the the glass gloss paints - they look really pretty.

Hi silverwings: Lucky you! They are really easy to use and a great alternative to cards. I love choosing symbols with stones too.

Thanks everyone for looking and for your kind replies :thumbsup:

cardlady22

The closest I've gotten so far is this reference I made by combining the average day degree with Michele Bernhardt's Colorstrology color swatches. Definitely not good for shuffling!

Attachments

• DayColorSet1.jpg
    DayColorSet1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 124
  • DayColorSetsam.jpg
    DayColorSetsam.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 126