Wisdom of Avalon Oracle Cards

6 Haunted Days

You know I'm the one who started the thread yet the only one who doesn't have them yet! I keep flip-flopping back and forth about getting them when I have the chance.

Now I want them again ;). Perhaps I should have gotten these instead of The Vanessa Tarot when I used up the last of a gift certificate, I think these cards would certainly get more use than the Vanessa.

Morgan of Avalon

You'll have to wait till after Xmas for my report...hubby has locked them away as a gift for me ARGGGGG!!!! Along with my new Witches Tarot LOL

Hope the witches and Morgan Le Fay are getting along in that dark cupboard.............

Lexie

I have this oracle, it's a very beautiful one.. Of course I think it would be better if half of it's cards didn't have the same theme, but we can't have everything we wish for! Still, it's a very pretty deck and I think that especially fans of arthurian legends (like myself) will like it a lot...

HearthCricket

I'm still working with mine and did a reading last night with them. I really love them and the book that comes with it. One interesting aspect, I have found, is that though there are so many of the marker cards they rarely come up! Last night I didn't have any in a 5 card spread, which I thought very unusual, and the other day none in a 3 card spread. This has been my experience, so far, and would love to hear how it is working out with others.

faunabay

6 Haunted Days said:
You know I'm the one who started the thread yet the only one who doesn't have them yet! I keep flip-flopping back and forth about getting them when I have the chance.
This is exactly what I keep doing too. I keep flip-flopping about buying them. I want them. I don't want them. I want them. I don't want them. It's ridiculous. :D
I think if I could find a place that had them out so I could flip through them I could easily make a decision. Because it's very different looking at them on line vs. physically holding them.

6 Haunted Days

faunabay said:
This is exactly what I keep doing too. I keep flip-flopping about buying them. I want them. I don't want them. I want them. I don't want them. It's ridiculous. :D
I think if I could find a place that had them out so I could flip through them I could easily make a decision. Because it's very different looking at them on line vs. physically holding them.

Yes, very different! It's not like this is a huge expensive purchase, wonder why we're both so wishy-washy about it? lol I think, for me, it might be that pip/same card scene in 1/2 the cards.

faunabay

6 Haunted Days said:
Yes, very different! It's not like this is a huge expensive purchase, wonder why we're both so wishy-washy about it? lol I think, for me, it might be that pip/same card scene in 1/2 the cards.

Again that's exactly it with me. I'm not sure how I'll get on with half the cards looking the same??? And I just keep finding things I want more. LOL

Morgan of Avalon

I was absolutely DESPERATE for them when I first saw they were available a few weeks ago. Then I read about the 'pip' cards and was disappointed but still wanted them!

I don't know how I'm going to get to family lunch on Christmas day on time...when I open these lovely things from their packaging I'm going to want to sit there all day ! Just like kids that get their new toys and refuse to leave the house (without bribery that granny has more pressies for them LOL)

Tarotphelia

6 Haunted Days said:
It's not like this is a huge expensive purchase, wonder why we're both so wishy-washy about it? lol I think, for me, it might be that pip/same card scene in 1/2 the cards.

Well, er... I sorta kinda didn't want to say - but .. now that you mention it I was thinking that perhaps the critical mind (we all have one ) could be in a pattern of finding reasons not to enjoy the things we want and let us have them . It's easier to deny ourselves when we focus on the possible negatives , raising the bar ever higher for what will fit our criteria as acceptable . Everybody does this to some extent of course , otherwise we would have no discrimination whatsoever and buy everything that strikes our fancy . Only we can decide if it's warranted or not , and when is the time to let up and go with our gut feeling on what we really like. Then sometimes we have to ask ourselves where our patterns originate , and decide if they truly belong to us or are the result of the influence of others in our lives . Once we are aware , then we have the choice to keep them or not , and if they are helpful or harmful .

Maybe it would be easier if you waited and found an incredible half price deal or a trade that would maybe justify getting the deck without misgivings .

6 Haunted Days

Dark Inquisitor said:
Well, er... I sorta kinda didn't want to say - but .. now that you mention it I was thinking that perhaps the critical mind (we all have one ) could be in a pattern of finding reasons not to enjoy the things we want and let us have them . It's easier to deny ourselves when we focus on the possible negatives , raising the bar ever higher for what will fit our criteria as acceptable . Everybody does this to some extent of course , otherwise we would have no discrimination whatsoever and buy everything that strikes our fancy . Only we can decide if it's warranted or not , and when is the time to let up and go with our gut feeling on what we really like. Then sometimes we have to ask ourselves where our patterns originate , and decide if they truly belong to us or are the result of the influence of others in our lives . Once we are aware , then we have the choice to keep them or not , and if they are helpful or harmful .

This could very well apply in quite a few instances, however in this particular one, it's not. It's pretty simple, I don't like decks where half the cards are the exact same except for a word change. Boring. But what makes me wishy-washy at all compared to just forgetting it, is the fact the other cards are so very pretty with gilt edges!