10 of cups as outcome

star-lover

in a relationship spread
isnt that wonderful?
or maybe not

why do we have these insecurities about THE 9 and 10 of cups?

certainly in my deck the 10 of cups woman looks bleeding LONELY lol to me
hmmmmm - using the cosmic deck

did a horseshoe spread and the outcome if i followed advice of the 8 of wands was 10 of cups

i didnt understannd either of the 2 cards

what do you see in the 10 of cups here i will try post the pic in a minute

here it is

http://www.angelpaths.com/decks/cosmic/cups/cosmic_cp_10.jpg

Grizabella

The cups are running over, so maybe she's feeling extremely emotional. She's naked as well, so maybe she feels emotionally stripped bare for all the world to see. Feels like there's nothing left that she's allowed to keep private and like she's exposed to the world.

YDM42

I think what we all miss in the cups- no matter which one is that water/ emotions are fleeting, they ebb and flow- they can drown us- kill us from lack of much needed oxygen, and be very unpredictable, as well they can evaporate- boil - create steam- spill out..even go bad... and there is nothing stable about them, not one thing. Having 10 or Nine cups is as so many have pointed out, sort of an illusion, because the reality is, that before we can even consume the 10 cups our bodies are working quickly utilize it and to get rid of any excess. Sometimes it is better just to have a SIP of a good thing, than to over indulge or stock pile, it has more meaning and can do the greatest good.

tink27

Hmm, the 10 of cups is like all ten’s, the end of a cycle. After many emotional up and downs, we have discovered some of our greatest desires (the high cups_. But some (low cups) have caused us pain, and some still undiscovered. Before she chooses which way to go, perhaps she’s remembering the journey that brought her here. Some were very painful, some joyful, some she felt victimized, some she felt angry. She’s lost in her own world, and with openness and honesty, embracing what she feels within. Maybe when things get out of hand she finds a place in nature to meditate…which can have a very calming effect. With flow and flexibility, she rides out the storm.

I wonder if this woman ever shows her true feelings to the outside world? Even her partner might be left in the dark as to how her feelings are towards him?

Perhaps too, what is not openly given to her, she will create herself. If one fails others will come to take its place. Perhaps too, she doesn't like being suppressed or limited, and has difficulty giving of herself to one relationship. Maybe she needs lots of space to be herself.

tink :love:

zach bender

I tend to think of the tens as passing, (10) wheel, if not simply illusory: whatever has you thinking ten swords is not actually the end of the world, the burden of ten wands is not actually more than you can carry, the perfect security promised by ten pentacles cannot actually be achieved, and the emotional fulfillment of ten cups? again, passing, illusory. In the case of an "outcome" card, I would read it as an imagined or projected outcome.

zb

star-lover

thanks for all your insightful replies - they ALL made sense to me

thank you v muchxxx

out to look for the real mettle of what is solid in a relationship

squeakmo9

What an interesting take on the 10 of cups, a bit more complex in this version. The first thing that caught my eye was her veil and those dark eyes of hers. She doesn't seem to be able to see whatever happiness in behind her. All these cups are just overflowing...too much emotion, all emotion...seems to numb her out. Those cups make her think and I feel as if she is deeply effected by whatever those cups may represent to her. Like she's just trying to get a grip. As an outcome card...I think the relationship will cause some deep emotional issues to surface. Granted, not all that pleasant but necessary to look at. Has more to do with the individual as oppose to "the couple", great learning experience somehow. Will the relationship survive? I think that depends on how deeply each person within the relationship is willing to dig.
Well that's my 2 cents...will see what everybody else thinks.