The Bohemian Gothic Tarot Study Group (The Dark Sister) 1st and 2nd editions

strings of life

* waves *

This will be my first Aeclectic Study Group. It's been long overdue, and since I don't have the companion book and am also using this deck as my PDR (The Primary Deck Reflections 2010) along with the Victorian Romantic, it made sense to become part of this too :).

Call me crazy, but the images work in amazing and different ways with this deck. I'm yet to read with it, but will be as of next week. Call me crazy, but it seems quite intuitive to me. My mind just wonders when I look at these cards.

BelovedK

Hey guys :) Let's say that we make this a more active thread? I'm going to draw a card tonight before bed and sleep/dream on it, then I will draw the coinciding VR card, just because I am fascinated by how these decks work together. I'll come back with some insights (I'm keeping it to a one card draw in interests of time and making sure I am able to do all of the things I sign up for.)

OctoberGwen

That sounds great, BelovedK. I've been very lax over the holidays but feel eager to delve into my BG. Lead the way! :D

*waves to aurarcana, too*

ncefafn

I would love to see this group become more active. I'm doing an IDS with this deck and I've been feeling out on the sea all alone with it.

strings of life

^I'll be active. I am just getting started with my PDR on the 2 decks. I'm just trying to figure out how I want to approach posting in the threads here.
BelovedK said:
Hey guys :) Let's say that we make this a more active thread? I'm going to draw a card tonight before bed and sleep/dream on it, then I will draw the coinciding VR card, just because I am fascinated by how these decks work together. I'll come back with some insights (I'm keeping it to a one card draw in interests of time and making sure I am able to do all of the things I sign up for.)
Hi :D. How about we make a thread on single card draws (and even one on 3)? Can that be done in a Study Group? I think it's a great idea. And, what about a thread on the VR and BG being used together? I'd love to start that! We can even keep the posts short if need be.

I was planning on just working with the deck as the cards come up, but I may use my other copy to "study" the cards in order. When I post in the threads in the Study Group here, I feel like I should go in order. How have the rest of you been handling it?

I am still new to reading with the deck; I had it sitting my my Tarot Ottoman for months, but I've been using it consistently now. It reads so well, I'm amazed. Some of the cards are spectacular. For example, The Hanged Man - have you ever seen a Hanged Man like the one in this deck? I even dreamt about it last night.

* waves back to OctoberGwen*

OctoberGwen

aurarcana said:
How about we make a thread on single card draws (and even one on 3)? Can that be done in a Study Group? I think it's a great idea. And, what about a thread on the VR and BG being used together?

I think the draws sound great - do you mean one person draws and we all discuss? And I don't have the VR, but it sounds like several people are using the decks together. You should definitely start a thread, and why not do it here? I'll find it interesting reading if nothing else. The two decks together will surely give some new insight into the BG.

aurarcana said:
When I post in the threads in the Study Group here, I feel like I should go in order. How have the rest of you been handling it?

I haven't been, really. I'm new to all this and could use some direction, most definitely.

aurarcana said:
I am still new to reading with the deck; I had it sitting my my Tarot Ottoman for months, but I've been using it consistently now. It reads so well, I'm amazed. Some of the cards are spectacular. For example, The Hanged Man - have you ever seen a Hanged Man like the one in this deck? I even dreamt about it last night!

I've dreamt about several of these cards, too. I agree, they are AMAZING.

Hmmmm....a Tarot Ottoman....oh yes. :D

strings of life

I'll start a thread about using the BG as a shadow deck for the VR:).

I haven't been, really. I'm new to all this and could use some direction, most definitely.
I am leaning towards posting in the threads as I do daily draws. It may be a more fluid way to go about this as opposed to starting from one card and going forward.

Hmmmm....a Tarot Ottoman....oh yes. :D
That's where I store my decks. It's a large sized square one and it protects my decks from my cats ;) and provides them with a home too!

Sulis

Moderator note

Sorry folks but single card draws and readings are not allowed in Tarot Study Groups unless the reading is specifically to point out how some bit of symbolism works in action. We do have a forum for that though, the Daily Draws forum in the Your Readings forum.

It's in the Study Groups guidelines: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=32949

Please remember to let me know by PM when you start a new thread so that I can add it to the index thread.

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator

BelovedK

Sorry, I'll see you in the daily draws thread :)

BelovedK

I'll go look for the other threads. Soon, I'll have something to contribute here :) I am in love with this deck.