I won I won

lark

Thank-you everyone

I've been meaning to update this thread when the magazine came out. Well I got it this week and I was s-o-o-o-o-o- disapointed. The spread contest was given about a third of page 35 top right. All it said was our names, what place we were in and what we won. The poor grand prize winner had her spread pictured but they didn't even give a list of card placement meanings! So how can anyone try the spread!

I don't understand why Llewellyn would have hundreds of people take time out of their life to send them a spread (and you also had to send a sample of how you used the spread) and then drop the whole thing like a rotten potatoe. What a wonderful thing it would have been to devote just one page to the winning spreads so that people could try them. When I read about the contest aside from entering it my first thought was "I wonder what kinds of spreads other people are developing and I can't wait to try some of them." There was no mention of the spreads being publised in their entire form at a later date either. So probably no hope of that happening.

So, I'm depressed. I also gave them permission to use my spread in the book that is to be published with the Gilded Tarot, but I haven't heard a word about it since. I got a few very lovely emails from Cirom and he seemed pleased that my spread was to be used with his deck. So that made me feel so proud and happy. I hope it really happens because I just love his deck. And it would be such an honor to be associated with it in any small way.

I realize that New Worlds by Llewellyn is just a big glorifyed sales cataloge. But someone should give them a clue. Publishing things like these tarot spread winners might have spured alot of people to purchase some their books on spreads and new decks to try them with.

Well, I've just read this post over and I don't want to sound like a whiney baby. I 've had alot of support and best wishes from all of you. And I feel safe opening up and telling you my feelings. Thank you for letting me vent and for listening. Namaste

Majecot

Lark,
I am so sorry it turned out that way for you. That just stink's what a let down. Did they at least pay you for your spread? or is that part of the conditions of the contest?
Still, it is pretty exciting that you won! and try to look on the bright side, in some small way... you are going to be published :)
And you will end up (eventually) with a beautiful new deck and WE will all know that you contributed with your spread!

I don't think you sound like a whiney baby at all, I would have been disapointed too.

lark

Just got the permission form from Llewellyn in the mail Saturday and sent it off today. The Gilded Tarot must be getting close to release. Cirom if you're out there could you give us a little update.

wavebreaker

I've moved Cirom's response about the release of the Gilded Tarot to Tarot Decks, because I'm sure more people would like to read it and they probably won't see it in here... ;)

You can find the new thread here.

Tabby

Daily Spread

I recently got the Gilded Tarot and had started using the Daily Spread in it. Lark, I really like your spread and I'm glad that you had to opportunity to be a part of the Gilded tarot.

lark

Thank you storm glad you like it :)
Lllewellyn did publish my spread in their New Worlds magazine.
It was in the July/August issue last summer.
They published each spread that won separately over the space of the year.
They also sent me one of the first Gilded Tarots (hot off the press) before it was even released to the public, as a thank you.
So that was really nice.
It is still one of my favorite decks and one of my top 5 for constant use at home and for my clients.

satinangel

Lark,

I LOVE the spread! Well thought and direct...but covering everything!

You're awesome!
~SatinAngel~

ArwenNightstar

lark said:
I just went to the mail box and there was a box in there from Llewllyn. I hadn't ordered anything so what was this? I opened it to find an autographed copy of Tarot and Dream Interpretation by Julie Gillentine. I won 2nd place in the Llewellyn tarot spread contest! I had entered so long ago I forgot.

Many congratulations! What an exciting and fun thing!

Indigo Rose

I didn't realize that you were the creator of the Daily Spread that came with my Gilded Tarot. Thank you for the great contribution, and CONGRATULATIONS on being recognized for your work!

Blessings,
Indigo Rose :)

WalesWoman

What Ups! What Downs! What ups and downs! Still Lark, that is a very wonderful spread and I can't imagine how exciting it is to realize everyone who bought a Guilded Tarot Deck has it in there, I hope there is some sort of credit for the creator of it somewhere.

Congratulations, you deserve every bit of it too.