New Age Thoth Clones: Split off from Crowley Biographies

Lillie

That's what I mean.

'The new age' is a corporate identity that can assimilate anything, paint it pink, stuff it full of unicorns and hang a crystal off it.

They managed to write Gardner out of the religion he created, remove anything of interest and significance and package it to the masses along with a thousand and one marketing opportunities.

They could easy do the same to Thelema. They would either write Crowley out of it or rewrite him as a post ironic feminist icon.

And then they would rewrite the book of the law in easy to understand language, fill it with easily digestible platitudes that sound deep but are essentially either obvious or meaningless (and often both) and sell it to anyone that has enough money to buy.

Mammon is the only god of the new age that I ever see worshipped with any regularity, and everything can be sacrificed to him.

gregory

Lillie said:
They could easy do the same to Thelema. They would either write Crowley out of it or rewrite him as a post ironic feminist icon.
:bugeyed:

THIS I have to see..... })

Lillie

They could, you know!

There's enough of Crowley's stuff out there to pick and choose from to re write him as anything anyone likes.

It don't mean it's true, but they could find enough stuff taken out of context to make it look true.

Then they sell it to anyone who wants to be spoon fed info and not actually have to find out anything for themselves.

Look what they did for witches.

They used to hang 'em high! Now everyone wants to be one....

Le Fanu

Lillie said:
in comic form.

You see, Lillie agrees with me. It's inevitable. Everything in its time and I think it's the Thoth's turn next. Whoever said it had to be Crowley by the book?

The Book of Law in comic form would sell, I think. As long as it was made easy.

LOL @ Lillie; They used to hang 'em high, now everyone wants to be a witch!

Lillie

Nothing is true and everything is permitted.

When I finish my 'Hello Kitty Crystal Wisdom of the Unicorn Thoth deck' I expect every one to sneer and then buy it anyway.

All Hail Mammon (and/or the Hypno Toad)

Aeon418

Lillie said:
Nothing is true and everything is permitted.
Except when you get sued by the OTO for breach of copyright. ;)

Debra

Lillie said:
When I finish my '' I expect every one to sneer and then buy it anyway.

Ooooh!
Shall I start a "Hello Kitty Crystal Wisdom of the Unicorn Thoth deck--so excited, I can't wait!" thread?

Lillie

Oh yes! Please do, but I have to write the book first.

It's going to be called 'Thelemic spell casting for love and light: Tips for the teenage witch on how to use your True Will to find your perfect boyfriend'.

Llewellyn are sure to want to publish it.
It will have a cat on the cover.

Chiska

Lillie said:
It will have a cat on the cover.

Will the cat be wearing a witch hat? And be riding a broom with sparklies coming from its tail??