Tarot Circles...what do you do in yours

214red

Hi,
didnt find anything via the search so decided to post.

i currently sit in a circle each week, and i am wondering what other circles do during their time together. we started by doing the Minor Arcana 2 cards each week, and are in the middle of the major. we decided we would like toshake things up a bit and change the format of the meetings slightly.

so was curious about how other people run theirs and what they do during them?

thanks in advance
Nik

Moonbow

When I ran the Tea & Tarot meetings in my local area (in the pub! :D) I encouraged people to read the card without necessarily knowing the book meaning. I think it encourages them to think of their own meanings by what they see rather than remembering keywords. Those are useful at times too but don't encourage inspiration and imagination, both of which I consider necessary in reading.

I guess a step up from understanding two cards at a time is actually putting several together and reading them. First as a story,then maybe give the card positions a meaning (past present future, or whatever you decide).

Asher

We do all sorts of things...

in my Tarot Circle. I facilitate every other week. We always do one or two spreads (I spend a great deal of time collecting and tweaking spreads -- I've even created 22 spreads, one for each of the majors), sometimes a Tarot ritual, we play Tarot games, occasionally I will teach more formally (I've just started a series on the numbers), we compare new decks, we do Supper for the Dead at Samhain, and other things too. I'm always looking for new activities to do with the cards. And now that I'm helping to organize a Tarot Meetup group, I have a nice collection of themes and things to do with them, depending on what they want to do.

Asher

Briar Rose

I don't really have a circle I sit with, but with my Tarot friends on AT, and a reader here where I live, we like to draw 3 cards and then each one makes a sentence.

Briar Rose

I was listening to the poscast called Texas Tarot; Creativity and Tarot.

It was mentioned to make a time line of 7 things you want to accomplish in your llife and then lay out seven cards to see what's needed or what obstacles to avoid.

Also, matching up astrological symbols to the cards.

I hope I've helped. Well, it's from the podcast this time. Have fun :thumbsup: