2010: how is it going to be for you?

Anna

I am going to sell off more decks because I don't need them.

I just need the Thoth, my very old and battered RWS and a few Marseilles for reference and study. The rest can go.

I'll just keep plodding on with the Thoth I think. It's been my main deck for nearly 3 years now, and I still haven't got very far!

sparkles

well i don't usually plan any new year resolutions but maybe it's time to start.

first, i'm not buying anymore decks until i have actually started reading for others with them which brings me to second, work on developing a more intuitive relationship with the cards rather than relying heavily on book meanings and third, get my head round those damm court cards once and for all!!!!

Oh and of course, take the leap and start offering regular readings in exchange for feedback.

Carla

I'm going to

*complete my first IDS on 8th March, Universal Waite.
*do a daily 3-card draw each morning and one Celtic Cross per day during the IDS.
*be very active on the Reading Exchange threads as I can see that is the best way for me to learn
*keep a tarot journal all year
*read as much as I can about the history of tarot and the meanings of the symbols on RWS
*make it my main goal of the year to be able to read the cards without having to consult a book at all--ie, learn pattern of basic book meanings and be able to use them as a springboard, while trusting my own intuition

I don't really have a collector mentality. I do have collections of things, but they have to be things I actually use, or I consider them a waste of space. So I do intend to buy decks this year, but they must be decks that instantly strike me as readable. I will probably never be the type to see one card from a deck online, go 'Oooh!' and click Buy. I've already got my eye on Pictorial Tarot and Gilded Tarot. Don't know which I want yet. :)

zan_chan

Carla said:
I will probably never be the type to see one card from a deck online, go 'Oooh!' and click Buy.

I remember thinking things like that. It was less than half a year ago. Now I seem to have 50.

My first 50... })

roppo

My tarot plan for 2010 is --

1) to discover some unknown facts about the early RWS history
2) to discover some unknown facts and works of Pixie Colman Smith
3) to make a short biographical video movie about Pixie
4) to collect all the editions of The Pictorial Key to the Tarot

and I'd like to go to England for a little shopping, sight-seeing and research.

suedally

I have a few books on the way, so I'll be reading and learning as much as I can. I only read for myself but I do practice readings on fictional characters and people in T.V. series (just fun really). I have ordered the Paulina deck and am waiting for the Shadowscapes, but as I like to use all my decks (I pick a different one each day), I won't be going crazy as I did this year. I just plan to have fun with it all!

Le Fanu

HearthCricket said:
I hope to do more readings and study this year, but one of my main goals is to work with a lot more of my decks. Even if I pull out decks that were mainly bought for artistic value, I want to do "something" with each deck I own. A week of readings, a CC, a daily pull, meditation, pull a card and write a poem or short story, journey or pathworking, anything. I don't want to leave any of my decks stagnant. I won't get through them all in one year, but I plan to have a blast with it!
I like this approach. The important thing is to have fun. I'd better not try to do the same otherwise I shall be too dispersed. I know myself...

I want to get deeper and deeper into a handful of decks, without the committment of "intensive", without feeling I am frivolous if I pounce on a tempting deck from my collection for a 10-day love affair.

However, some decks keep pulling me back into their orbit. The Thoth is never far from my thinking (though I never profess to be anywhere near to understanding it. Yet oddly, more and more, it is the deck I read for others with). Plus some inevitable Liber T referencing. Also the William Blake Tarot. I started journalling with it and have gone back to that and love the imagery as much as I ever did. There are others: The Alchemical, The Greenwood, and all the historic decks which I love so much. Yet I begin to think that my relationship with the historical decks is not in terms of reading with them, but almost as an art historical exercise to try and get to grips with the "roots" or essence of tarot.

I really should pay a visit to what they call the Reading Circles. I'm never quite sure what this is, or what the deal is...

SarahRacheal

2010 will see me reading more for others and getting towards the end of the 78 week study with the RWS.
I would like to have the time to do the above and get to know the decks I already own, so I’m thinking readings for others will be with decks other than my RWS, but I’m not sure yet. (Can you tell I’m normally easy on myself lol)
I will continue to buy what I like, when I like, with in my budget, but that goes for most things with me :)

jantigercat

Lysh said:
My goals for 2010 is to, not only read more, but continue to learn how to trust what I see.

I trust in what I see is my affirmation for this year.

Will work on this issue too...I see a positive twist in my relationship department next year so this trust issue have to what I believe.