Is there something wrong with me...

.traveller.

LOL
I wondered what the diagnosis would be. :D

Actually, I need to clean out my closet this weekend so I can store my paintings in there. I am starting up my practice again so I need the room. Therefore, in addition to the clothing purge, my tarot and oracles will be thoroughly scrutinized. I've already had one generous soul offer to take a look at my "puppy list". Sadly, I don't even remember everything I have anymore.

It will be good to take a look at everything, throw out the packaging, reorganize, and hopefully rehome a few things. The challenging part will be finding them all, I have them squirreled everywhere.

MysticalMoose

Years ago I did the "getting rid of stuff" thing... only a couple of decks but lots of books.. I had just got distracted by "life" I guess & had no time or interest for my cards or related interests so I gave them away... And 2 years later boy did I regret it. :( - & had to buy them again. Last year I think it was I had a waning of interest again - other things in life were taking up all my attention & I felt that my passion fo reading & even for reading posts here on the forum had dwindled - I had no urge to pick up my cards or scour eBay, I just left it a while & got on with other things & sure enough one day not s long after I felt the urge for a shuffle & I was BACK! :D
I'm pretty sure this will be the case with you :) don't worry :love:

.traveller.

Yeah. I'm not getting rid of everything, just the things I am bored with like the Power deck, or the Manara, the Celtic Tree Oracle, etc. Some decks you couldn't pry out of my hands no matter what... unless it was to save someone's life. "Give up the cards or the cat gets it!" Y'up, I'd hand over the cards.

AJ

MysticalMoose said:
I felt that my passion fo reading & even for reading posts here on the forum had dwindled - :love:

well face it, everything here has been said already, many times, and every month a new member comes in with a hard on for starting threads and it all gets said again. There is quantity and then there is quality :) traveller is going for overall quality in her life I think~

MysticalMoose

Yup I agree with you there AJ :)

.traveller.

.traveller. does prefer quality.

.traveller. also has entirely too much stuff.

.traveller. is also beginning to refer to herself in the third person which is a sure sign that the tarot/oracle reorg is not going well.

MysticalMoose

MysticalMoose understands completely this affliction :D

SarahRacheal

LOL at the last 2 posts

Just a thought for you .traveller. I have done this before but you need to find someone you know to look after your stuff.
Put it all in a BIG box and loan it ALL to a friend for a fixed amount of time between the 2 of you, my recommendation is a third longer than you want to ie you say 6 month so loan it out for 9. In that time you'll remember the things you love and forget the one you don't so it makes it easier to sort out when your friend gives you the box back.
FYI I did it with book

Hope it helps :)

.traveller.

I don't have anyone to loan them to, unless I ship them off to someone. I did think about running a game in the games forum (the prize being a box of decks) but I don't know if anyone would play.
Perfectly good cards and I cannot even give them away.

That only leaves... <looks guiltily at the trashbag that already contains several tarot books>

emmsma

No! Never trash them! Let me pm you my address. I can keep the list of your box's contents, and if you ever want them back, I will comply.