2010 Top Ten Decks

teomat

gregory said:
Yup. :D It used to get seriously nasty. And I do mean seriously.
OK - I won't go there! But discussing poll results are interesting - why have them otherwise? But I can see that some people who participate on this forum (e.g deck creators) might be hurt by some comments - though it's hard to walk a line between expressing your opinion and not wanting to cause offence. But how does tarot progress if you can only talk about what's good and not bad?

Sorry - the can is opening! I'll stuff the worms back in. :D

But I'll say that 2010 was a considerably lacklustre year for new releases (for me) and I haven't heard much to get excited about in 2011. I've started to look at old forgotten decks to find some new inspiration instead.

LeFanu - yes, it would be interesting to know what the 11th, 12th and 13th decks were as I feel they have been somewhat deprived of their official 'welcome' in this poll.

gregory

Interesting. One reason I DID vote was my great excitement over one deck I felt deserved to be up there ! (Pagan Cats.)

Le Fanu

Wasn't the Steampunk 2010? It seems to have its fans (judging by that thread which will just not go away) and yet it isn't in the Top Ten.

There are three reissues. I really, really, really want to know what came 11th 12th & 13th. I'm sure my 2012 Ascension Tarot is one of them, in there somewhere... ;)

And yes - Pagan Cats deserved to be up there. Maybe just a little higher?

gregory

Pagan Cats should indeed be no 1 ! Steampunk I guess hadn't as many votes because it was late in the year ? I HOPE no-one tries to sneak the poker sized one in next year :mad:

I have 62 decks in my database that came out in 2010. Hm.... though many are LE and self published...

Le Fanu

gregory said:
Steampunk I guess hadn't as many votes because it was late in the year ? I HOPE no-one tries to sneak the poker sized one in next year :mad:
Watch this space. I bet someone does... ;)

gregory

I shall study the date on mine when it arrives with GREAT care. :D

I shall also ask the mods about this one, as it really IS annoying !

Noelle

I didn't vote; but if I had The Tarot of Vampyres would definitely have got my vote.