Sacred Geometry Tarot
Kitchen Tarot
Picture Postcard Tarot
Crystal Tarot
Sideshow Tarot
Tarot of the Pagan Cats
Tarot of Vampyres

zan_chan

Is anyone else wildly bored by that list? I didn't have, nor do I want, any of those...

Hmm...maybe I'll just vote for all-time favorite. I wonder if anyone can guess which deck I'd vote for...

Miss Divine

zan_chan said:
Is anyone else wildly bored by that list? I didn't have, nor do I want, any of those...

Yep...Me! I dídn't buy a single deck off that list and am not going to either.

zan_chan said:
Hmm...maybe I'll just vote for all-time favorite. I wonder if anyone can guess which deck I'd vote for...

Errr...it's yellow and....;)

Le Fanu

Well I'm not a tarot monogamist like zan and even I'm bored by the list. Not very thrilling, is it? Far better to look obsessively to the past.

I think I'd go for 2012 Tarot of Ascension to be honest. I just kinds like it in a brown, murky way. I don't think I'd include 2nd editions personally. They need another category; "most welcome reprint".

But Shadowscapes will win. Of that I have no doubt.

Grigori

zan_chan said:

Me three... Yawn...

Debra

It's not a complete 2010 list, just what I pulled off the "what's new" listings for last year.

So many self-published decks! Even when I don't like them, I admire that they're being done--it's quite an accomplishment.

These I most like:

Hezicos
Wild Green Chagallian Tarot
Gaian Tarot
Tarot Giguil
Sun and Moon
TaRat

In terms of sheer wonderfulness as defined by me, the Wild Green tops the list.

I also love the smallest version of the TaRat. Comes on a single sheet you can cut up and keep the cards in a candy tin--each is about fingernail size. Talk about adorable.

BodhiSeed

Of the new ones, I would have a hard time deciding between the Hezicos and the Gaian. Having worked with both of these decks for a while, I'm really impressed with both of them.

Hemera

IMO what look even more boring than the decks of 2010 is the new releases of 2011 :bugeyed:

My vote for 2010 goes to the Dark Angels. But I agree...Shdowscapes will be the winner.

Alta

I didn't buy many decks this year and fully agree, no stand-outs. Personally torn between Dark Angels and Shadowscapes. I'll vote my regular yet again for the All-Time deck. ;)

I had not noticed that the poll was up, thanks Debra!

gregory

I see it says you have to vote for one published in 2009, actually. Confusing.... Will PM a mod....

I can manage favourite of all time with ease, but as to 2010 - the TG search doesn't work ANYWAY..... it gives everything because it seems to think 10 is 1910, I guess... :mad:

I didn't realise the Magdalene had made it out ? I looked into ordering a while back, and failed...

But actually - YES - I did manage to vote - first time for YEARS !

And yes, Shadowscapes will win. And no, I don't think re-issues should count.

But it does actually say your FAVOURITE deck of all time. I have NO issues with that ! BEST is something else !

ETA another selfpublished that merits attention is Curious East - another of Ly's.