"Double deck"

Kangiska

Hello

I hope there isn't already a thread about this idea, if so, I'm sorry, I didn't find it...

Some time ago I got the idea, to mix my Vice Versa deck with a Rider Waite... and found out that is 'double deck' has 'something'

Anyone else tried this?

Greetings

Kangiska

rwcarter

I only use the Transparent Tarot as a double deck (2 of the same deck). I've also tried a double deck with Lo Scarabeo's Universal Tarot and Tarot of the New Vision and with Vargo's Gothic and the Winged Spirit. Other decks on my to try list are Bohemian Gothic with Victorian Romantic. I'm sure there are others, but I haven't even had my first cuppa yet so the brain's a little foggy right now.

Le Fanu

There is of course the forthcoming Book of Shadows Tarot deck by LoS which will be two decks that can be used together...

Can't wait. :)

Cerulean

Yes

I find the coloring of the Original Rider Waite with green skies and luscious reds go well with my Vice Versa or the "Backs as fronts" Lo Scarabeo deck...

It's fun. But I found the novelty is just friendly, I just have not figured out anything else to do with this. Other than I see the back and front of a picture...I'm certain you or others are creatively doing something with this...

But I just haven't done anything with this.

Cerulean

Hello

I hope there isn't already a thread about this idea, if so, I'm sorry, I didn't find it...

Some time ago I got the idea, to mix my Vice Versa deck with a Rider Waite... and found out that is 'double deck' has 'something'

Anyone else tried this?

Greetings

Kangiska

Masa

Oh, are you guys talking about New Vision, and mixing it with RWS?

I've never thought about that! It sounds awesome! Like a totally new way of doing reversals, but with different reversed meanings than usual--and, more importantly, with the possibility of the same card appearing both "upright" and reversed in the same spread.

Too cool. I'd love to try it.

rwcarter

I've never thought about that! It sounds awesome! Like a totally new way of doing reversals, but with different reversed meanings than usual--and, more importantly, with the possibility of the same card appearing both "upright" and reversed in the same spread.

IIRC, when I did my double deck reading with the Universal and New Vision, the same card did come up from both decks.

emmsma

I like mixing my LS decks. My fave pairing is Tarot of the Holy Grail and Universal Fantasy. I find the contrast between the decks to be very enlightening.

janie144

When I read this thread those are the two decks that popped into my head aswell, I think they would be great together but are the cards the exact same size? If not i think that would annoy me terribly.

ETA I haven't got the new vision deck and so can't compare.

Kangiska

Hi,

Yep, that is what I was talking about... not simply any two decks but the Vice Versa and a Rider Waite.

Personnally, there is a difference for me in the reading, one card going more into the details where I am heading, the other one 'warning' what I am fleeing.

Greetings

Kangiska

rwcarter

Personnally, there is a difference for me in the reading, one card going more into the details where I am heading, the other one 'warning' what I am fleeing.
When I did my double deck with the New Vision and the Universal, I looked at the New Vision as what one might not be aware of in the background, but it never occurred to me to think of the New Vision as what one is fleeing vs the "regular" deck as what one is moving towards!

Thanks,
Rodney