A "Price" to Pay

FLizarraga

Something happened today that can't seem to get off my mind. I was waiting after class today, using my cards to practice divining, and one of my friends walked up to me. Her roommate was with her. Upon seeing my cards, she asked me to read the cards in order to help her deal with her stressed-out-med-student girlfriend, a request that I happily obliged to, as I was anticipating someone (and in fact, she was the one I had in mind,) to ask me so I could read for someone else. Her roommate, however, seemed... weary, to be quite frank, and not in a skeptical, "I don't believe in this stuff," sort of way, as would be expected. After reading my friend's tarot, she tried to convince her roommate to get his read as well, and he turned down the idea. I'm not sure I understood entirely what he was saying, and I don't know him all too well as I had only met him once before, but he mentioned something about his mother practicing witchcraft and that there would be a "price to pay," or something of the sort. When my friend asked him what "price" this could be, he simply replied with - "Oh, you'll know."
What could he have meant by this? I do not practice witchcraft, and I can't say I know as much about it as I would like. What sort of "price" was he speaking of? I use tarot as a coping mechanism for medical reasons, and I have grown somewhat dependent on using the cards. I do not wish to give them up, but I do not want to put myself - or those around me - in danger.

There will be a price to pay for this post. You'll see. BwahahahaHAHAHAHAHA..... *evil cackle fades into the distance*

Lucas Prince of Cats

There will be a price to pay for this post. You'll see. BwahahahaHAHAHAHAHA..... *evil cackle fades into the distance*

Oh no! Well, I geuss we'll all be ending up whipped by fallen angels in the city of Dis!

MissChiff

I think people who scare are full of �� And need to find better things to do with their time...a price to pay my foot...

Shade

I'll say there's a price to pay! Do you have any idea how much I spent on decks last year?

Lucas Prince of Cats

:joke: :joke:

Hmm. Is that a good or bad price? *she asks with a Spok eyebrow* :joke:

*that feeling when a Dante's Inferno reference accidentally becomes kinky, and you don't know if you like it or not.*

Holly doll

I'll say there's a price to pay! Do you have any idea how much I spent on decks last year?

Know what you mean - they tend to emerge from thin air!! I promise myself to severely limit the no. of decks at any one time - suddenly the postman is banging on my door every week })

Eternus Discipulus

Personally, I don't think that sort of rubbish is even worth listening to. It could be a religious, knee-jerk reaction with biblical underpinning, or he may have just been being "cute," trying to get a rise out of you. He's probably watched Warlock one too many times and is starting to believe in it.

Very probably correct. According to Christian doctrine, BTW, only the priests can petition the PTB.

Lucas Prince of Cats

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! *running to retrieve kinky boots from back of closet*

actually, I got it wrong. We're going to be walking around with our head backwards. Oops, no wipping! Sorry to dissapoint you!