Rumi Tarot By Nigel Jackson

nisaba

nigromancer700 said:
One weird thing is that I am finding it hard, after the Rumi Tarot, to stop working in that Persian-Turkish-Mughal-inspired oriental style. That seems to be just carrying on...
<grin> Perhaps that is an area you need to explore a bit more fully for the time being. Or even a whole new direction for you. I absolutely adore the arabesques-as-clouds in this deck, but I can see how that might be a problem if you're trying to create a themed deck on the subject of British Rail ....

Le Fanu

any new fans of this deck? Are the rest of you still lovin' it?

Curious to see how it's being used...

Indigo Rose

Le Fanu said:
any new fans of this deck? Are the rest of you still lovin' it?

Curious to see how it's being used...

Funny to see this thread up, as just the other night I revisited my Rumi Tarot and had a profound reading.

It was a rough night and I had trouble getting to sleep, so I decided to do a reading. My basket of decks was sitting beside my bed, so I reached over and just grabbed the first one my hand landed on. It happened to be the Rumi Tarot. When I saw it was this deck, I fully expected a much needed message to emerge. I got that message in spades. :)

I pulled 2 cards randomly....

Queen of Cups
~"O you who have possessions, remain happy, and you shall have a pleasant life."~

The 9 of Cups
~"God will grant you whatever you desire in your heart."~

My heart felt instantly at peace; comforted by the beautiful images and words on the cards; especially the 9 of Cups as it connects to a favorite Bible verse: Psalm 37:4 ~"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."~

I then pulled the shadow card(bottom of deck):
King of Swords
~"Rejoice in the present; your heart will soon open up."~

Then finally I added the Crown card(queen of Cups(0) and 9 of cups):

9-The Hermit
~"The wise man is he who possess a lamp of his own."~

I felt very blessed by the reading, and that night felt the Rumi Tarot was like a 'lamp' for me, shining the Light of God's love to me. I fell asleep and slept peacefully. :love:

Ashtaroot

That is beautiful Indigo :)
LeFanu my mom still is using it as it is still her only deck and I bring it out depending on the mood but I haven't used it with clients yet humm I don't know why I haven't tried so to answer your question yes I still love it and i love the language of it and the mood it brings ..

nisaba

I still enjoy it immensely. It still isn't having the problems some other people reported, of the gold edges chipping etc, although the deck as a whole has a bit of a curl on it.

I'm still reading it oracle-style, individual cards, taking note of the pictures and the quotations from Rumi's verse, totally not even noticing the Tarot titles.

It's still as endearing as the day it arrived.

Indigo Rose

Ashtaroot said:
That is beautiful Indigo :)

Thank you, Ashtaroot. :) I'm glad to be able to share with others who understand the gift of Tarot, and this special deck. :heart:

Le Fanu

What a wonderful reading Indigo. I had no idea that there were such verses on the cards.

I just ordered a copy from the Book Depository. It has been tempting me for a while. But I was put off by the green and reports of chipping, but that reading by Indigo has sold it to me!

Ashtaroot

I didn't mind the green and also I never had any chipping and I shuffle a lot :)

I am glad you got it can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Rumi...

sapienza

I had great hopes for this deck but since it arrived I have never felt any desire to spend time with it. I actually like the green and the artwork is lovely. My card stock isn't great. It's not exactly chipping, more a peeling and it was like that before I even shuffled. I'd never get rid of the set though, I'm sure one day the time will be right for me to actually get to know it :)

Le Fanu

I think with Llewellyn, it is a matter of luck. Ive had decks which were in excellent condition from the start and remained that way. Other times, they arrive chipped and it just looks "bad".

Here's hoping I get one of the intact, non-chipped versions!