Lord of the rings tarot

AnneLien

Hello to all,

Does anyone have the Lord of the Rings tarot, not the oracle but the tarot.
Do you use it and is it accurate?
Is it beautiful?

Blessings, AnneLien

Dusk Till Dawn

Have it, not beautiful, total waste of Money.

AnneLien

Seeker*13* said:
Have it, not beautiful, total waste of Money.

Oh, that's too bad, it looks lovely on the internet.
You never use it?

Golden Moon

AnneLien said:
Oh, that's too bad, it looks lovely on the internet.
You never use it?

the majority of decks tend to look lovely over the internet:(.

Dusk Till Dawn

I would never use it. It's in a drawer somewhere, my Mother found it on a yard sale, thought she is doing me a favor. LOL

Sanctum_Priest

I have it and use it very occasionally. The pictures aren't very tarot inspired. I wrote the names and numbers on the bottom of each card and just use my knowledge of the standard meanings. I can see why it would be a disappointment but I'm pleased I've got it.

shadowdancer

well, I have it, do not use it often but like it. If you were aware of the books before the film you may prefer it which is my case really.

For example the character Goldberry doesn't appear on the film as far as I can remember.

I think it is useable but you need to be able to think back to what happened in the story to correlate the meaning. I find I can then bring it over into the interpretation for the reading but it is not otherwise use friendly.

Davina

nicky

had it gave it away ... so disappointing

Nocturnal Lure

I have the Lord of the rings tarot and I actually love it. It may not be beautifull but because of the vast mythos Tolkien created, the cards have an entire universe to take from. When you know Tolkiens world by heart, the deck is actually very easy to use because the scenes relate to something so well known for a fan.

Agreed, the artstyle is not beautifull but I still adore it, the style suits the deck I feel. It is however a bit dark, not just by colouration, but by tone. It may sound weird, but the deck reads "doomy" like middle-earth under the influence of Sauron. At least it felt like that when I read the book 20 something years ago and that same feeling of doom was there when I used the deck... not your typical elf and feary deck.

Moonson

I was thinking about this deck the other day... and was looking for a thread about it, and couldn't find it...
And now AnneLien, made this one! :) Ty AnneLien!
I was thinking about the same thing...
and also, if there is any other then the one here on AT.
I remember i saw one with images from the movie. Is it out of print now?