Wheel of the Year Tarot (LoS) vs. Wildwood Tarot

HighPriestess

Hi everyone,

I've read every thread I could find on both these decks, but I still can't decide between the two. Help me decide!

I love the more "realistic" art style of the Wildwood but I also like the more "generally Pagan-y" feel of the Wheel of the Year. (I'm thinking that the Wildwood might be a little too "Celtic" for my tastes.) On the other hand, the Wheel of the Year has this Disney-esque feeling. It seems very lighthearted and fun compared to the Wildwood.

One thing that I really like about the Wildwood is the use of animals in the court cards (and in general). It reminds me of the Animals Divine (which I love). The Wheel of the Year's courts are...well...more traditional.

At this time I'm leaning more towards the Wheel of the Year (I LOVE that Devil card! *fans self*) but I'll probably swing back to neutral in a moment or two.

Aerin

I have just got the Wheel of the Year today, and they are completely different decks. Chalk and cheese.

The Wheel of the Year feels more of an outgoing party sort of a deck; the Wildwood is quieter and more spiritual.

If you love the Devil card then maybe just *party*!!!!!!

Or get both for different moods.

cpriestess

Wheel of the Year and Wildwood Tarot

I have both decks. I really like both of them. The Wildwood Tarot is very reasonably priced on Amazon at the moment. They are both earthy decks, but Wheel of the Year is very brigth and colorful. I think it is one of my favorite Lo Scarabeo decks. The Wildwood Tarot is much more of browns, blues and greens; lots of earth tones, not brightly colored at all, but still an excellent deck.