Hi i need help choosing a deck

ann823

I like the older version of the Universal, the newer one is heavily laminated and I find it too plasticky. You may not mind that or even like it. The older ones have a picture of a child and a bird on one side of the box and the queen of pentacles on the other.

karen0205

Sometimes small publishing houses or self-published decks don't have the best card stock. I don't know if it's because they aren't involved with tarot enough to know that the card stock is important or if they were thinking that they should be the same size as a deck of playing cards. The larger tarot publishers seem to somewhat have a handle on the fact that they decks are actually used. Los Scarabeo decks seem to be pretty consistent and have nice size and card stock. US Games appears to change size of their decks depending on the deck. Some are larger than others but I haven't heard too many negative reviews about their card stock.

If you are looking for something that is a RWS Clone, try the DruidCraft.
I remember the DruidCraft to be a nice size deck and the card stock seemed like it would hold up to lots of use and shuffling. The artwork reminds me a little of the Truth Seekers that you already have so I thought you might like the DruidCraft too

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/druidcraft/

WhatAWhirlwind

Thanks everyone i think its a toss up between druidcraft and the universal waite tarot maybe ill get both lol thanks again for the help

Falling_Star

If you can get hold of it somewhere, I think the Pamela Colman Smith Commeorative Set could be a pretty cool place to start. It usually retails at around £30, but for that, you get a beautiful Rider-Waite deck, TWO guidebooks - 1 which gives insight behind the artwork and another which instructs on how to use the cards, as well as 4 postcards and a Tarot bag!

Essentially, all you'll need to immerse yourself in the world's most popular Tarot deck!

I found that learning about the artist helped me to understand the deck a lot more, and having the Tarot Bag and Postcards was just a cool extra.

Worth a look :)