Modiano ?

tarotbear

Granted I can be out of the loop, but I never heard of this company before- Modiano:

http://www.modiano.it/eng/tarocchi.html

An acquaintance in Italy was asking me about my deck sales - I recently sold one to someone in Rome - and I mentioned Lo Scarabeo and he mentioned this company.

gregory

I have some of theirs. They are a well established lot. But tarocchi more than tarot.

Cagliostro Tarot (1981)
Orell's Exotic Tarot (1981)
Sicilian Tarot (a tarock deck)
I 55 Tarocchi di Alan (1983)
Piedmontese tarocchi
Bolognese ditto

But goodness, I see they have one of Hertz's now... and the New Century. But the catalogue links don't work - just say it's under construction...

karen0205

I have heard of them before but I wasn't aware they were still printing some of these decks.
The Gill is still being printed? It's been out of print for years. It was originally distributed
by US Games, I wonder if it was printed by Modiano at that time too.
Are all these decks available? Do you know any more about the company?
Hmmm, I wonder if they are going to release all these again. I wouldn't mind a Gill!

gregory

The Golden is up there too - I wonder if they also distribute - like Llewellyn do for LoS...

rwcarter

Modiano printed at least one or two decks that were distributed by USG. Off the top of my head I don't remember which ones though.

Le Fanu

I'm convinced that Modiano have done US Games decks.

They have some very High Gloss cardstock which is exactly the same as the US Games printed in Italy decks. And they are based in Trieste.

Modiano is very well known in Europe. Mostly they do gaming decks and those piedmontese and bolognese decks.

My absolute favourite of theirs is the Tarocchi di Alan. LOVE that deck!

tarotbear

I was able to open their catalogues but was not able to download the PDF versions - but they are there! Click on the pictures!

tarotbear

I have heard of them before but I wasn't aware they were still printing some of these decks.
The Gill is still being printed? It's been out of print for years. It was originally distributed
Hmmm, I wonder if they are going to release all these again. I wouldn't mind a Gill!

This is all I could see: http://www.modiano.it/eng/scheda2.php?id_c=76

It has a contact link on the right side.

Padma

Where did you see the Gill deck, Karen? I went and looked and could not see it - am I blind? :p

Le Fanu, your Alan link is not working, sadly!

ETA thanks for the link, tarotbear, now I see the Gill :) Never mind, Karen!

Freddie

Cagliostro Tarot is maybe their most classic Tarot deck. They also make some cool Sibilla decks.

Freddie