Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 17 - #17

tink27

mooncat2 said:
Two figures that symbolise the passive/receptive energy of earth and water................the feminine.

Wow! I was responding to your thread mooncat2 and there was an 'explosion' ....a transformer blew and all power went out! Interesting wouldn't you say? I think we're all onto something here and we're getting a reaction!!

Passive/receptive, can also be seen as the ease and the flow, the particle and the wave......then what causes us to become weighed down? Is it all the unaddressed and unexpressed emotions we experience and without actually knowing the cause?

Or have we redirected our energies away from the Self which activates the mind but makes us feel physically numb? We suppress our emotions and rely largely on our consciousness, our minds, to steer us through life.....which can be sensed as the negative vibration of Aries 19 and purple_scorp's magic carpet. The sacral (sacred) cradle is in total darkness!

mooncat2 said:
When I think of the two spinsters I picture them as Victorian/Edwardian which was the era when this attitude reached its peak of madness........imprisoned in their tea cup.........restrained and restricted by hats, gloves, a dozen petticoats and a tightly laced corset..........bound by extreme social expectations.

Is thinking, without feeling nothing more than self-deception?? Is the drama that is unfolding on earth and in our lives now, a power man (patriarch) against a powerful woman (matriarch)?

mooncat2 said:
I've found it interesting to google a little on weaving and discovering the important part it still plays in many cultures.

I read this interesting site mooncat2 and have mixed feelings on these weavings. I agree with everything this article said, except the last part,

The symbolism woven into these fabrics tells a story of Maya history. It speaks to the informed observer, communicating the importance of the tradition and beliefs of these people.

Maya means illusion....and like the Egyptians built barriers around themselves. They programmed their people to the frequency of fear and ignorance....slaves in bondage.

Some Pharoah's wore a headgear that beheld two serpents that seemed to protrude and eject from between their eyes in the middle of his forehead when this crown of was placed upon his head. Its symbolism revealed the power and authority of the throne that separated Kings from mere mortals.

The serpents’ awesome power (its magnetism and force) gleamed with terrifying awareness over their chosen prey – the people. Powerless, and with great fear, the people willingly withdrawed from life, blindly serving and giving all that they had to offer to a religious government overlayed with superstitions, tryanny and corruptness. (And we know this is not what the serpent's power was all about!)

Their display looked like the coming together of one giant organism falling to its knees in obedience to something much greater than itself and far more superior.

Was their intention, their creation, created to keep us forever questioning their motives?....which in turn has kept us anchored in the past and prevents us from moving forward?

What is it that continually keeps rapping at our back door, the past.

Our world is layered with different civilizations that existed at different times. We are experiencing a great awakening and a shift in consciousness as we perceive the many sacred sites in our world with different eyes.

Oh oh now I'm getting all ryaled up here !! I think I'll stop here and just say........releasing ourselves from the heaviness of life is our ultimate goal.

tink :love:

mooncat2

First posted by tink27
Wow! I was responding to your thread mooncat2 and there was an 'explosion' ....a transformer blew and all power went out! Interesting wouldn't you say? I think we're all onto something here and we're getting a reaction!!
:D:D Oooh..........spooky!!

Spinster is an archaic word that isn't really used these days..........I have the feeling I got a bit lost in the forest there in the last post.
first posted by purple_scorp
Two shoes will always be together. Unless you only have one foot, most people wear two shoes. They are inseparable. Each may suffer a different type of wear and tear, depending on your walking pattern but one will never be discarded without the other.
Well said......This made me think........of course ......two is the yin/yang that must walk together........side by side...........must move forward in harmony.
can also be seen as the ease and the flow
On all levels the interweaving of these two energies is the basis of life.
Is thinking, without feeling nothing more than self-deception?? Is the drama that is unfolding on earth and in our lives now, a power man (patriarch) against a powerful woman (matriarch)?
It's not a balanced way of thought and would seem mostly influenced by external factors.
When you look at the faces of purple_scorp's women........they are powerful in a quiet way which in the long run, hopefully, may be a greater strength.
As a patriarchal society the dominant characteristics are assertive, aggressive, mind orientated. Dragging myself out of the Victorian era :(........of course women have gone a long way since in awakening to their yang energy and in the process increased the imbalance even further.
Both men and women need to reconnect to the feminine energy.

Their display looked like the coming together of one giant organism falling to its knees in obedience to something much greater than itself and far more superior.
Isn't that what people always do, in one form or another, unless they can find within themselves 'a great awakening and a shift in consciousness'.
What is it that continually keeps rapping at our back door, the past.
It's not going to go away. :laugh:.............like everything it is woven of both good and bad and untangling the threads so we take the good with us into the future and throw out the bad stuff, isn't easy.

Sorry I'm a bit slow and I prefer to work through one symbol at a time so haven't got to the magic carpet yet.

Time to go lie in that hammock. :)

:love:

tink27

(giggle) enjoy your hammock mooncat2, for the good you do here, you deserve it!!! Thank you for reading my ranting and raving.....

mooncat2 said:
When you look at the faces of purple_scorp's women........they are powerful in a quiet way which in the long run, hopefully, may be a greater strength.

Yes, an inner strength and a deeper richness, so important to the structure of our world and of human life........ and of course the Sabian Symbols!

mooncat2 said:
Both men and women need to reconnect to the feminine energy.

It is enveloping us now. We are realizing that emotion is an essential source of our personal power....which now is forcing us to look at reality and feel things about it....things we believed we had learned to control.

Thank you.

tink :love:

huredriel

MCsea said:
Dr Jones says the keyword is divorcement... discusses its a symbol of privacey and of pro's and con's...
Well I had an idea of what this meant, but wasn't 100% sure, having never heard it before :bugeyed: :D

Googling brought forward:

Complete separation.

The act or an instance of separating one thing from another: detachment, disjunction, disjuncture, disseverance, disseverment, disunion, division, divorce, parting, partition, separation, severance, split. See assemble/disassemble, part/whole

And this makes me think of what has been discussed so far (Aries 1-16) .......... the message of healing the separation ......... is it possible that these two ladies are sitting in silence because they've received the brownie message (karmic symbol) and realised that they now need to come together & heal ........ instead of being two separate entities, they need to merge ....... since this is Aries, and the I AM, the self. Could the two spinsters merely be aspects of the same person? Makes me think of a split personality actually :D .......... oops, that then triggers other thoughts, but will save those for now cos am at work!

huredriel

So some thoughts on the title, hopefully not copying what has already been put in here, since I seem to arrive at these threads much later than everyone else!

Aries 17, Card 17
Two prim spinsters sitting together in silence

This feels *heavy* to me ..... most especially after spending so much time with the brownies ....... and enjoying their *lightness*.

Heavy air, heavy atmosphere ....... silence ........ I can almost envisage these two as kinda old-fashioned like Mooncat2 says ........ sitting in upright chairs, not very comfortable ...... their backs ramrod straight ....... and a grandfather clock ticking away in the background. Dark colours, heavy wallpaper ....... gloom and doom indeed :D

Yet this is the card number of the Star so darkness yes, but also an inner light shining in the sky ....... perhaps they are in their twilight years ....... why do they sit together? Friendship, companionship ...... a pairing ....... kinda makes me think of a salt & pepper jar LMAO ...... complementing one another. Yet they do not talk, there is silence ...... why? Have they fallen out? Has that primness given rise to pride? Are they both stubborn ...... or is it the opposite end ..... that they are so complementary that they no longer need words ....... they can communicate using their feelings, their senses, only?

Quiet, solitude ....... a need to withdraw and retreat in the self? Since the brownies are the karmic symbol ........ have they danced and spent their energy ........ have the brownies brought so much knowledge that now is the time to assimilate .......... to bring *the channels of awareness* to the forefront?

As *spinsters* does this tie into Aries 15? Where they were the spider women ........ if in their twilight years, are they assimilating all the knowledge of their life ....... have they collected all their threads ........ then danced with the brownies and now await the time when a new journey to the other side beckons?

Or does spinster literally denote their unwed status ....... a lack of experience in certain areas of their lives ....... a lack of physicality even? Is this through circumstance or choice? How does this affect them ...... are they resigned, happy or bitter about it?

The Magician and Chariot sit side by side here ....... the one (self) and their spirituality perhaps? Or the one and their direction, navigation?

Hmmm, another thought ...........

I am a mirror image?

Have to say I'm a bit lost with this one ....... it doesn't *sit right* with me ...... feels all dank, gloomy ..... not much positivity and hope radiating out!

huredriel

MCSea said:
Body part is - Vertebral canal - is the cerebrospinal fluid-filled space that runs longitudinally through the length of the entire spinal cord. The central canal is contiguous with the ventricular system of the brain.
So this canal, filled with fluid supports the spine and skeletal frame .......... and without it movement would not be possible? (My biology is crap I'm afraid). Ensures that they are able to sit properly, or even totally upright ....... trying to tie this into the title ....... so the spinsters could be a support system to each other?

huredriel

mooncat2 said:
Its not two spinsters I see but two of the feminine...........the spiritual and the material ...............rendered mute but.....
MCSea said:
Element Halite
Discussion Rock salt, table salt, Halite is the crysatline form of sodium chloride, usually colourless to white but can be pale blue and even pink. Salt traditionally was used for preserving food. Energetically salt can be used to release negative thought forms and energy. Pink halite in particular can teach us about love and self love. In chemistry salts are formed from solutions, for example rock salt is the evaporite from sea water, this echos the key word divorcement I feel.

Reading these two together again reiterates the message of *healing the separation* I mentioned earlier (Apologies for duplication - trying to keep this flowing in my head!) ...... evaporating from sea water makes me think of Aries 1 ......... embracing the seal ........ and all that she encompasses ........ the one is merely a dilution of the all, and they are at present stuck, trying to work out how to *get home* or *become one* ?

Any thoughts cos this feels as if I'm rambling away on my own little planet :D

huredriel

tink27 said:
As far as your question, I had one thought come to mind. What if, they were waiting for the perfect lover.....idealizing a dream....or what we think and imagine what we want....dreams can get out of hand and when they do, nothing happens!!!, We become like the spinsters here, daydreaming for the perfect One to come.

Ohh I just thought of something. These woman probably wouldn't tolerate pettiness in themselves or in others. Oh boy! I can just picture myself in with them now, they'd be pointing a finger my way, and telling me a thing or two!!

And...what if what holds this woman back from relationships is that she's afraid she'll never meet someone who will appreciate and accept her particular lifestlyle???
Ouch ........ oh my ....... maybe this is why this symbol is sitting uncomfortably with me ........ have definitely daydreamed more than I should have done ......... been in the non-tolerance arena too .......... and the fear section, well ......... :eek: ...... :eek: .......... I don't want to end up like this!!!!!!!

Mooncat2, I can't believe I missed your picture!!!!

Very dainty and elegant ..... the dogs look like they belong at crufts :) ........ yet with those chains & the shoes hanging in the corner ..... makes me think of how this is all for the masculine approval, if that's the right word?

Btw, I adore that border - it's gorgeous!

mooncat2

:) I've been away too long as well..........had to read through everything again.

It is a heavy card........sad!
I am a mirror image?

Thought about this...........if I look in a mirror what are these two reflecting back at me? Prim disapproval?

I felt this went back to the earlier post I made about steroetyping and labelling. Judging people by what they are instead of who they are as individuals and sadly our society does this all the time. Group identification......race, colour, religion , sex ,etc..........and the result is heavy!

Watched the movie Crash last night which made me think even more on this!:)

huredriel

Something that I picked up with the Osho Zen I think ....... that the mirror merely reflects, it does not interact with the person or item looking into it ....... what you see there, is what is being projected from you, so I could see this prim disapproval as a form of judgement.

If one is the mirror of the other, perhaps that's why there is such silence - the mirror cannot speak back?

I have a feeling that's buzzing away with this title, yet I can't express it how I want to :mad: