Four of cups as feelings

Firewind17

just throwing out another way of seeing the card:

I already have 3 cups. I don't need even more.
Enough is, actually, enough. You don't need to
be able to do cartwheels for me. I am satisfied.
Satiation.

LaRazia

I have another definition. I got the 4 of Cups signifying what I feel for my longterm boyfriend.
Far from it that I am bored with him :) But I am simply distracted from my feelings for him because of other influences- like school and similar, people around me that I hang about everyday, so like I said,I hope I phrased it in a way that will explain the 4 of Cups, but I feel DISTRACTED FROM my feelings for him. But they are definately present.

rwcarter

I have another definition. I got the 4 of Cups signifying what I feel for my longterm boyfriend.
Far from it that I am bored with him :) But I am simply distracted from my feelings for him because of other influences- like school and similar, people around me that I hang about everyday, so like I said,I hope I phrased it in a way that will explain the 4 of Cups, but I feel DISTRACTED FROM my feelings for him. But they are definately present.

I can see that interpretation based on the "standard" imagery of the card - your feelings for him/your relationship with him is the cup being handed to you from the cloud, but you can't/don't have time to see it because you're focused on the distractions (work, school, family, etc.) of the three cups standing before you. Does that make sense?

Grizabella

Cards mean almost anything depending on the spread and surroundings and even the deck used. This card could mean that the man is so absorbed in his partner and kids that the offer made by someone else for a love relationship is inconsequential. He's not susceptible to anyone else----no danger of a triangle here.

LaRazia

Rwcarter

Yes,completely! Except the ''you can't see it part ''. I can see it, but just the problem is, as I said- I have distractions in the form of obligations sadly. I dont like doing these obligations but there are people that I need to be with during the day or other stuff I really dislike doing and in the running around to complete my daily duties I get,as I said, distracted from THINKING about my feelings. Sadly I can not avoid being distracted by my daily obligations, but I will now try extra hard to not let myself go so into them that I dont have time to feel the love for my boyfriend. It's almost like I am numb from these distractions to feel feelings, does that ring true with the card?
I tried to make sure to still tell him I care and that he means to me, but I must admit it didnt sound really...truthfull. It wasnt said with a lot of emotion or passion but like I said,it is not because I am not feeling those things but I am a bit numb to experiencing emotions because of what is preocupying me.

The other word for the card is Luxury,and I do feel my boyfriend is a luxury to have :) He is an amazing man, and any woman would be so,so,so lucky to be with him.

I would hate to think that I am self absorbed and arrogant and that I dont see what a good thing I have, I would really dislike myself if I were like that,so I hope the 4 of Cups for me is pointing to what I have described, because if it is me taking him for granted I would be really dissapointed in myself as a person.

Grizabella

I see this as well, faithfullness, a trait nobody accociated with this card! I can go to extremes- not wanting to meet new men and not even go out where there is a posibility of meeting new men,I'd rather completely focus one weekend for my boyfriend instead, I am a bit too closed off when other men are concerned.

WhyWuh

My own two: it comes up when a person in question just can't see what querent feels for them. Like you would be in love with X for example. Everyone would tell you how much X loves you back but you would simply refuse to believe because you'd believe this can't be true. You wouldn't see X's heart given to you on a golden plate. You'd feel 4 of cups for X.

midsummermagic1111

Thank you for this question. I really like the different responses focused on one card and what it means. I feel like I relate to it deeper now. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk