White snake in throat dream

samantha

I dreamt that a small white snake was living inside me . I only realised when I looked in a mirror and saw its head raising up and forward past my tonsils ! When it realised that I had spotted it , and was thinking of how to rid myself of it , it slid back down my throat .
I wasn't especially panicky in the dream , more confounded , as its appearance was not "the way things normally are . "

I did a search and found that white snakes are considered , by some , to be a protection from illness or to denote some kind of wisdom or healing.
The fact that the throat chakra is involved could indicate that I want to say something 'wise' or need some healing in order to speak out about something of concern .

Any other ideas ?

I know the old idea that equates snakes and sex ....but if this was the case I think I would have dreamt of the snake actively *entering* my mouth .....

Also the notion of snakes as *evil* ....so if in the throat , speaking badly of others . The "forked-tongue" scenario. This doesn't resonate either .

Debra

Is there a secret you're "swallowing" rather than speaking about?

I would see the whiteness as positive compared for example with a black snake. But there's also cultural differences in color meanings and I see you are in China so perhaps the symbolism there is most appropriate to investigate.

samantha

Good idea about the secret .....but no , nothing I can think of !

I know that white snakes are sacred in Japan (a kind of Shinto God ) but not
so sure about here . Will ask my husband (He's Chinese , I'm not .).....

.......ok . There's some kind of fairy story about a woman who turns into a white snake , which is immortal , and then wants to become mortal again to experience the pains and joys of *real* life . Absolutely no idea how that wouyld tie in here ?!

And white is often associated with death here .

Hmm. Your use of the word "swallow" has got me thinking . Could this have anything to do with food ?????? I'm battling to loose a final 2kg and failing ! I feel hungry most of the time , whereas before I was doing well and not snacking late at night . Then again , maybe completely unrelated.

TractJM

Two ways I kind of look at this is that the white snake could be an inner truth or harmony that you aren't admitting to yourself, perhaps it could be to do with your weight, or another truth you may be afraid to admit or won't speak. The snake could symbolize that truth trying to come out, but hiding when you try to remove it...or perhaps a fear of expressing it. If it's health related, is it possible there is SOMETHING you aren't acknowledging or voicing to yourself, even about your weight loss which is dragging you down and potentially making you hungrier/affecting how you see/interact with this aspect of yourself. Sometimes when we overly criticize ourselves, we begin to fail at our objectives because we begin to believe/voice that we are not "good" enough.

samantha

TractJM said:
. Sometimes when we overly criticize ourselves, we begin to fail at our objectives because we begin to believe/voice that we are not "good" enough.

Thanks for your thoughts . I really think there could be something in this last part .....it could connect to how I view myself ...as you say too critical , which ( for me ) spills into many aspects of life . My recent focus /energies have been on a creative endeavour , which initially had me tearing my hair out . Fear of failing ( as you say the work not being "good enough" ) made it impossible to begin . That situation is improving .....something lillie's machine said helped to shift things somewhat....... but not out of the woods yet. I'll keep all of this in mind .